Author Topic: Atten AT938D - Feedback needed  (Read 9610 times)

Offline ElectricGuyTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Atten AT938D - Feedback needed
« on: December 03, 2015, 04:47:23 pm »
Hi;

Can somebody give me feedback about this Soldering Station?
Atten AT938D

Thank you!
Thank you!
Regards
ElectricGuy

• Regular Contributor
Re: Atten AT938D - Feedback needed
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 12:29:22 am »
Found a review teardown from EcProjects..... It is a NOT Buy Station!!!!  :-- :-- :--
https://youtu.be/VRb1_DB234Q

I'm trying to find the Hakko FX-888D in Portugal, but until now without success.  |O
Thank you!
Regards
ElectricGuy

Offline bitshape

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 04:57:50 pm »
I'm trying to find the Hakko FX-888D in Portugal, but until now without success.  |O
According to Hakko, you should ask here:
PORTUGAL:
    NIPOSOM - J.NABAIS, LDA.

URL: http://www.niposom.com
   Address: Rua Humberto Cruz 4, 1900 Lisboa Portugal
    TEL: +351-218-440-214 FAX: +351-218-439-084
    Email: compras@niposom.com

Or more easy; order directly from Batterfly:  http://www.batterfly.com/shop/hakko_fx-888d

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 07:56:36 pm »
According to Hakko, you should ask here:
PORTUGAL:
    NIPOSOM - J.NABAIS, LDA.

URL: http://www.niposom.com
   Address: Rua Humberto Cruz 4, 1900 Lisboa Portugal
    TEL: +351-218-440-214 FAX: +351-218-439-084
    Email: compras@niposom.com

Or more easy; order directly from Batterfly:  http://www.batterfly.com/shop/hakko_fx-888d

Hi;

In fact I had already asked to Niposon, but they don't have the FX888D!

I'll take o look to Batterfly.

Thank you!
Thank you!
Regards
ElectricGuy

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 08:23:22 pm »
Or, as you will find a lot of European forum members doing, save a bit more money and buy an Ersa i-con nano from Amazon. The hakko pricing in Europe is just stupid, and the ersas are fantastic.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 08:35:35 pm »
Or, as you will find a lot of European forum members doing, save a bit more money and buy an Ersa i-con nano from Amazon. The hakko pricing in Europe is just stupid, and the ersas are fantastic.

Thank you.. I will check that one!
Thank you!
Regards
ElectricGuy

Offline picandmix

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 08:44:18 pm »
Rather than paying for the digital controls of the 938, look at the basic analogue 936 clones.
They are very cheap around GB £22 if purchased here rather than the Far East, but they are a lot better than most all in one  hand held  irons, despite lots of adverse reviews, but then they are always compared against  the likes of the FX888D etc at 4 times the price.
My 936 has lasted a year, so if it blows tomorrow I will just buy another... as anything better just seems silly money for basic circuit work.

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 10:19:04 pm »
Why buy something that you may have to replace in a year?  I don't get this, maybe I'm too old school but my dearly departed father taught me to save up, buy the right tool the first time and only buy it once.  I sold my real Hakko 936 to a fellow ham after owning it for about 7 years and she is very happy with it.  I will bet she will have it at least as long as I did especially since I included a spare power supply.  I sold it because I upgraded to a FX-951, which I expect to last at least as long.

Replacing a cheap soldering iron every year or so ends up costing a lot more in the long run than if you bought the better station up front.  Just my 2 cents.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 02:01:11 am »

Checked the Ersa i-con nano and it's much more expensive than the Hakko. Am I missing something tooki?
On Amazon i found the Ersa i-con nano for 176,90€ ( Amazon DE, because Amazon UK, was ~250€) The Hakko costs 98€+18,80€ shipping on baterfly.
Ersa i-con nano - http://www.amazon.de/ERSA-i-CON-digitale-L%C3%B6tstation-0IC1200A/dp/B002MQLJ46
Hakko FX888D - http://www.batterfly.com/shop/hakko_fx-888d?gclid=Cj0KEQiAnJqzBRCW0rGWnKnckOIBEiQA6qDBaiLx1GHqSvL3DHrp4Ijj4b0QUZJX6Hs2pJh_Cdm5iyMaAoLN8P8HAQ

Rather than paying for the digital controls of the 938, look at the basic analogue 936 clones.
They are very cheap around GB £22 if purchased here rather than the Far East, but they are a lot better than most all in one  hand held  irons, despite lots of adverse reviews, but then they are always compared against  the likes of the FX888D etc at 4 times the price.
My 936 has lasted a year, so if it blows tomorrow I will just buy another... as anything better just seems silly money for basic circuit work.

Sorry but IMHO that's not the approach, but i respect your opinion.
I made that mistake in the past, i will never do it again. I prefer spend 87£ now, then 22£ each year.... this, if the station really last for 1 one year. Besides, this is not just for basic circuit work.

Why buy something that you may have to replace in a year?  I don't get this, maybe I'm too old school but my dearly departed father taught me to save up, buy the right tool the first time and only buy it once.  I sold my real Hakko 936 to a fellow ham after owning it for about 7 years and she is very happy with it.  I will bet she will have it at least as long as I did especially since I included a spare power supply.  I sold it because I upgraded to a FX-951, which I expect to last at least as long.

Replacing a cheap soldering iron every year or so ends up costing a lot more in the long run than if you bought the better station up front.  Just my 2 cents.

Agree 110%!
Thank you!
Regards
ElectricGuy

Offline Augustus

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 12:06:04 pm »
The Hakko costs 98€+18,80€ shipping on baterfly.

+ VAT...
Greetings from the Black Forest, Germany

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2015, 06:14:03 pm »
The Hakko costs 98€+18,80€ shipping on baterfly.

+ VAT...

I don't pay VAT.
Thank you!
Regards
ElectricGuy

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2015, 12:29:41 pm »
In which case the icon nano from Amazon is €149 plus shipping, and its performance is closer to the Hakko 951 than the 888. Consensus here is that if you can spare the 50 extra, it's worth it.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2015, 12:36:06 pm »
In which case the icon nano from Amazon is €149 plus shipping, and its performance is closer to the Hakko 951 than the 888. Consensus here is that if you can spare the 50 extra, it's worth it.

Can you send me the link with that price?
Thanks
Thank you!
Regards
ElectricGuy

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2015, 04:20:26 pm »
Just add it to your cart on amazon.de -- if the destination doesn't require VAT to be paid, when you go to check out, the price will change to reflect VAT being removed. (Amazon.de always shows the price with VAT until checkout.)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf