Author Topic: Best soldering station in 2016 for max 250 EUR  (Read 12043 times)

Offline Towger

• Super Contributor
Re: Best soldering station in 2016 for max 250 EUR
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2016, 07:10:59 am »
Quote from: ar__systems
Metcal is the best.

I think it is lost cause. It like buying a second hand Rolls Royce then you can buy a shiny new Kia for the same price.

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2016, 12:03:37 pm »
The OP bought an Ersa from their professional line, not a fucking Yihua. Ersa is hardly the Kia of soldering stations!  |O

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2016, 02:30:26 pm »
A used Metcal MX 500P.
I second the used Metcal. You can buy everything used and then just buy the hand piece(s) brand new. Top quality soldering system, and due to its industry popularity you can pick up tips fairly cheaply. Which makes it an economical solution long term.
Metcal is the best.
Once upon a time, sure.  :)

Now however, other brands have caught up. And some have even surpassed Metcal's performance, such as JBC.

The OP bought an Ersa from their professional line, not a fucking Yihua. Ersa is hardly the Kia of soldering stations!  |O
Exactly.

Of the professional brands, I'd place Hakko as the Kia equivalent to use a car analogy. And at least in the US, pricing would be equivalent to a Kia as well IMHO.  :box:

Offline blacksheeplogic

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2016, 07:59:50 pm »

+1

Ersa make really good dependable gear.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf