Author Topic: C-Mount industrial cameras on ebay  (Read 5708 times)

Offline PrimeTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
C-Mount industrial cameras on ebay
« on: January 31, 2018, 03:36:55 pm »
I'm considering purchasing one of those Ebay C-Mount Camera's and a lens to test out as a microscope (and possibly use on my old polarex telescope with an adapter).

Does anyone have any experience with them?

I've narrowed it down to a version like this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-0MP-HD-C-mount-Industry-Microscope-VGA-Camera-W-Crosshair-100X-C-mount-lens/221923415022

or this

https://www.ebay.com/p/USB-Output-Microscope-Lab-200c-2-0mp-HD-for-Industrial-Black/2131150577 without a lens.

I'm more hesistant to buy a USB version as I suspect the software will be awful to non-existent.

Anyone got any experience with these?

Offline sn4k3

• Frequent Contributor
Re: C-Mount industrial cameras on ebay
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 04:01:46 pm »
Camera: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/1080p-HDMI-USB-SD-digital-microscope-camera-with-SONY-sensor/1918400_32464609452.html
Adapter depends on microscope and camera you use, i have this: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/0-35X-focus-adjustable-C-mount-adapter-for-New-type-of-Amscope-s-Trinocular-Stereo-microscope/1918400_32830788378.html

Software is great, i don't even need a HDMI capture interface, it record via usb 30fps or sdcard 25fps

A video from me:

They have a lower model if you want cheaper 720p: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/720P-imx222-HDMI-microscope-camera-with-SONY-Exmor-CMOS-2-0MP-sensor/1918400_32833950232.html

It is also possible to configure and change settings live from HDMI using a mouse on USB port

Again Software is excelent and allow any kind of ajustments, NO LAG!

« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 04:03:41 pm by sn4k3 »

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 04:06:07 pm »
Camera: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/1080p-HDMI-USB-SD-digital-microscope-camera-with-SONY-sensor/1918400_32464609452.html
Adapter depends on microscope and camera you use, i have this: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/0-35X-focus-adjustable-C-mount-adapter-for-New-type-of-Amscope-s-Trinocular-Stereo-microscope/1918400_32830788378.html

Software is great, i don't even need a HDMI capture interface, it record via usb 30fps or sdcard 25fps

A video from me:

They have a lower model if you want cheaper 720p: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/720P-imx222-HDMI-microscope-camera-with-SONY-Exmor-CMOS-2-0MP-sensor/1918400_32833950232.html

It is also possible to configure and change settings live from HDMI using a mouse on USB port

Again Software is excelent and allow any kind of ajustments, NO LAG!

Thanks. Those look nice, but I don't have $300++ to spend on a camera   :(

Is the software compatible with other makes of camera?

Offline sn4k3

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 04:10:55 pm »
I bet so, is USB interface, i never tried other camera but it can work.
At least My scope camera works under Windows Camera App ^^ So guess is universal.
You can opt for cheap versions, they have VGA too, see all thier ranges they have multiple chooises, plus is a good brand, details match and not overspec as some models out there. If you contact the seller he will help you with the correct adapter for camera and your scope. Also warranty works, support is good

Offline agehall

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 07:54:09 pm »
I'm willing to bet the software is NOT compatible with other cameras. Why? Well, because all cameras ship with the same software but with slightly different drivers. Therefore you will need the correct drivers for your specific camera to make it work and chances are your supplier already supplies the same camera software.

I had a bit of an experience with this when I decided to write my own video source for OBS for my AmScope camera. Unfortunately, I have now learned that USB is unusable due to the lag so on the to-buy list is a new HDMI camera.

Offline sn4k3

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 09:28:55 pm »
I'm willing to bet the software is NOT compatible with other cameras. Why? Well, because all cameras ship with the same software but with slightly different drivers. Therefore you will need the correct drivers for your specific camera to make it work and chances are your supplier already supplies the same camera software.

I had a bit of an experience with this when I decided to write my own video source for OBS for my AmScope camera. Unfortunately, I have now learned that USB is unusable due to the lag so on the to-buy list is a new HDMI camera.

I think you partial wrong, i said Camera works under Generic Windows Camera App, means it use normal communication without a special encoder and many cameras work like that for fast communication. So the software will not use special decoders and use just the generic USB connection. Obvious every camera have it drivers and need to be installed, but not all, Windows 10 already have tons of drivers ready and popular sensors or generics ones will install on the go.
To prove that i connected a old camera that i had before, cheap and bad and it works with the software, even the color ajustements and other features works! Windows installed drivers by itself and call it lenovo but it's a portable scope, what matter is that works well with lenovo drivers ^^
However this will not be true for every camera, special decoder requirements may need special software.
But my guess is the cheap cameras and medium models will all use the generic communication via USB, doing proper codecs takes time, hard to perfect, special software, special drivers, etc, and  chinese bussiness man needs cheap product that works everywhere, not expensive product who no one buys stuck with a software, time is money, simplicity is profit ^^

EDIT: About the LAG i can say i'm pretty happy, i'm using an active USB 3.0 extension with 10M, plus a TP LINK USB 3.0 HUB from PC to my workbench and i can say i don't notice any lag (When comparing to HDMI connection with a 2m cable direct connected to a monitor) and the camera is USB 2.0, so pretty impressive. I'm temped to buy thier best model only with USB 3.0 with a much better sensor and 60fps...
I had buy the HDMI version because is always usefull but i end to use only the PC since i can do everything from there, record, snap, browser, full screen, switch programs, PDF, etc. I had also buy a HDMI recorder but the quality is the same is just a waste of money for me and you can't choose encoder or formats! i never expected that 10m of USB cable work so good anyway ^^ Still i have brought 3 extensions util come with a good one that works
Thats why i recommend this store, reliable products with good support, he always anwsered my questions
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 10:02:24 pm by sn4k3 »

Offline agehall

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 10:05:21 am »
It is certainly possible that some cameras use the same IDs and thus work, but I would not expect it.

As for lag - did you try to capture in full resolution? The MU503 camera I bought from AmScope can't even keep up with 30FPS at full resolution and the whole experience is horrible imho.

Offline Technobabble_

• Regular Contributor
  • Novice. Self-Certified Fabricobbler
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 04:33:47 pm »
Is the Rising View software available to download online? Five minutes of googling, and I couldn't find it.

Offline sn4k3

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 05:07:56 pm »
It is certainly possible that some cameras use the same IDs and thus work, but I would not expect it.

As for lag - did you try to capture in full resolution? The MU503 camera I bought from AmScope can't even keep up with 30FPS at full resolution and the whole experience is horrible imho.

The software doesn't look for IDs, ratther that list all avaliable Cameras that are detected by the system as a Camera (Driver)

I always use native resolution, which is 1080p at 30fps, no lag, also you have plenty for record formats and bitrates is all configurable, again software and camera are excelent.  The video i shown on my first reply was recorded with the software via 10m USB connection, you can check. Again just as good as HDMI capture.
Amscope is like any other brand, have good and bad stuff, thier cameras are bad, adaptors too, the only good cameras from they are the high end model (expensives) like the 400 or 500EUR which are the same as mine.

My camera is equivalent to: http://www.amscope.com/accessories/camera/1080p-hdmi-digital-camera-for-standalone-and-pc-imaging.html
They may be rebrands, all equal in terms of specs and hdmi camera control software

My unbox: https://www.facebook.com/pg/PTRTECH/photos/?tab=album&album_id=306519176498929

Is the Rising View software available to download online? Five minutes of googling, and I couldn't find it.

No, is private use, supplied with the camera within a CD, i have made a backup and request the most recent version to seller and got it. I can share if you want.
They also have an APK for android, SDK, manuals, crazy!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 05:20:41 pm by sn4k3 »

Offline Magnum

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 08:19:08 pm »

Offline sn4k3

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 08:48:09 pm »
I found a download link at Ali Express:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1D-PByncK5U0sym14wRWRbc01Go_8gAZG

Is not the same software, RisingSky is for telescopes Cameras, RisingView is for microscope Cameras. I will test that software with my camera and report back, but i already see more settings...

RisingView: https://mega.nz/#!Sl8B2RBA!vBu7A3pcMFVph9XDPDH-6jr4jlvqYNXtLZm4AI25aFk

EDIT: Confirmed, risingstar don't detect any of my cameras while RisingView does
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 08:54:56 pm by sn4k3 »

The following users thanked this post: Technobabble_

Offline jasonbrent

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2018, 11:05:47 pm »
@sn4k3 - not to hijack the thread too much, but in that video I'm trying to grok the basics. You used a hot air to remove the busted BGA, then 2 techniques to wick the solder up, a bit of cleanup, then put the replacement chip back on using hot air... that replacement chip, is the solder already on the contact points, so using the airgun/reflow+flux lets it make solid solder connections?

... It's that last part that is 'magic' to me.. I don't grok the bottom of that chip....

thank you.

-j

Offline sn4k3

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 03:46:47 am »
@sn4k3 - not to hijack the thread too much, but in that video I'm trying to grok the basics. You used a hot air to remove the busted BGA, then 2 techniques to wick the solder up, a bit of cleanup, then put the replacement chip back on using hot air... that replacement chip, is the solder already on the contact points, so using the airgun/reflow+flux lets it make solid solder connections?

... It's that last part that is 'magic' to me.. I don't grok the bottom of that chip....

thank you.

-j

Video was from a real repair i have made, as i don't have more cameras yet i was only testing the microscope camera, so some steps were not present to the viewer. I have not understand well your question, but the steps was:

1) Flux, Remove with hot air the bad chip
2) Flux, Clean pads with new solder
3) Flux, Wick what i can (At the end of this step the solder pads are flat)
4) Clean
5) Position and solder the new chip, the BGA balls are already on the new chip (Brought from aliexpress new) [Chip is already reballed]
6) Clean and test

at step 5) you can see chip to auto align and a flux effect under chip, mean the solder balls are melted and on place. When solder balls melt they will stick to solder pads and fuse when both are on the required temperature.

2) Is optional but i always recommend leaded solder for better wick and melt temperature, if you skip this you need to wick!
3) Is optional when you don't have space to wick tiny areas but 2) will be required to clean the pads, is possible to make them really close to flat using the 2) method with a good iron, tip and solder. As you can saw on video i have unsolder an resistor because of very tight area, and i could have jump the wick here... Also wick can suck tiny passive components by covering it, when working on that scale is important to go slow and double check what we are doing.
Clean and flux is important

Not sure if this anwser your question, but fell free to light me or ask something else
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 04:05:41 am by sn4k3 »

Offline jasonbrent

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2018, 03:59:57 am »
This answers my question in details thank you. I simply didn't understand the "bga balls" part. It all makes sense now. I appreciate the follow-up!

-j

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline tpowell1830

• Frequent Contributor
  • Peacefully retired from industry, active in life
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2018, 09:17:01 pm »
I received my camera today and, instead of putting the lense in the box on the c-mount, I put my old lense on an tried out the camera for a few minutes today. Everything worked out of the box. I will do more testing in the weeks ahead to get my system working.
PEACE===>T

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2018, 08:53:15 pm »
What brand of camera did you get?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Offline tpowell1830

• Frequent Contributor
  • Peacefully retired from industry, active in life
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2018, 10:02:08 pm »
What brand of camera did you get?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

The brand that I got from Amazon was the Aihome 14MP.
PEACE===>T

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2018, 06:54:42 am »
The image quality is pretty good.

Curious to see what lower resolution cameras are like  :D

Offline amanda1

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2018, 07:09:25 am »
I use different cameras USB 3.0 camera Point Gray Flea3, USB 2.0 UCMOS camera and others. I like Point Gray the most.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf