Author Topic: Calculatron - DM42, Programmable scientific RPN.  (Read 4340 times)

Offline VtileTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Ingineer
Calculatron - DM42, Programmable scientific RPN.
« on: December 23, 2017, 04:50:00 pm »
I thought I put some bold advertisement behalf of my favorite calculator manufacturer. Swiss Micros is a tiny boutique size firm (A man and the dog, size) making some physical calculators based on some of the vintage HPs RPN models.

They have been working a new physical calculator, based on Thomas Okkens Free42 sources (HP42S) and now the first units have been sold.

https://www.swissmicros.com/dm42.php

Some of you might be interested.

I'm only a happy customer, no strings attached.

The following users thanked this post: ivaylo, nugglix, Neomys Sapiens

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
Re: Calculatron - DM42, Programmable scientific RPN.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 11:50:02 pm »
So what is the price? The other calculators they make have rather high prices. I know it is smaller production but the prices still are way out of line for a calculator when I can get a full cell phone and run an emulator for less than the price of these things.

Offline VtileTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Ingineer
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 12:06:36 am »
If sir needs to ask the price, Sir doesn't have the use for it. ...or how does it go... The price is less than old 2nd hand HP42, but no doubt it salty about at 170€. One reason is that it does use sharps eInk style display.

Offline JonM

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 04:37:19 am »
I have one of the original series Swiss Micro calculators. I like it, but the keys are not fantastic. They improved the keys in later versions. Yes, it's expensive, but something that RPN Fan Boys "need". Several of my HP calculators still work but I use the Swiss Micro calculator as well as RPN calculators on my iPhone. I will admit that I more often use the "algebraic" R command line that is always open on my desktop and laptop.

Offline Zx Spectrum

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 06:22:48 pm »
what did you mean by (A man and the dog,size) when you were talking about the firm size?
could you please explain more
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 06:24:55 pm by Zx Spectrum »

Offline JonM

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 06:23:53 am »
I was not the commenter who said " A man and the dog,size", however, at least a few years ago, it was a two person operation and at least one of them, maybe both, had a day job.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf