Author Topic: CASIO FX-991DEX for german market only?  (Read 20712 times)

Offline Peter63Topic starter

• Contributor
CASIO FX-991DEX for german market only?
« on: June 17, 2018, 09:18:15 am »
Hello

I have a CASIO FX-991DEX and this has only german text in menu's. Not possible to change to English  >:( 
It has 696 function, the model FX-991EX has 552 function  :o

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
Re: CASIO FX-991DEX for german market only?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 11:12:01 pm »
That’s nice. Do you have an actual question?

Offline Kalvin

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded SW/HW.

Offline Kalvin

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded SW/HW.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 11:53:48 pm »
After some quick googling, it looks like you cannot change the language. However, some users stated that you should be able to use the manual for the English version as the menus should be identical although in German. With a little translation you should be able to decipher the remaining functions available only in the German version of the calculator.

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 01:45:18 am »
From the title, did anyone else think Casio had rebranded one of Hakko's soldering stations? :o

The following users thanked this post: blueskull

Offline ThunderSqueak

• Supporter
  • Dont be a freak... dont be a freak... dont be a ..
    • ThunderSqueak!
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 12:31:14 pm »
I use a Japanese model of this calculator for the same reason,  More functions.  Just be aware that the different models all have some quirks between them... example is how they prioritize functions.

The Japanese version (casio fx-jp900) DOES let you change it to english

Trivia: What happens when you input the equation shown on the FX-115 es plus? or the FX-115 ES ?  or the FX-JP900?

The FX-115ES and FX-115ES plus both get different results.

The fx-jp900 auto corrects the input after you hit enter and adds the brackets (the USA version of the fx-991ex classwiz also autocorrects) so be sure you enter your formulas with appropriate brackets :>

Side note: I use a ti-89 (original model) more as you can make it do Laplace transforms  and inverse Laplace transforms(the TI-89 titanium cannot do them)..

edit: added an image of the ti89 doing a Laplace and inverse Laplace transform ... and I think I heard someone screaming "NEEERRRRRDDDDD" from across the house O.o;;
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 01:35:14 pm by ThunderSqueak »
Currently working with non-binary computing, no reason for it... just doing because I can ^^

Offline malagas_on_fire

• Frequent Contributor
  • Kernel Panic
    • Malagas Lair
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 03:58:21 pm »
Hi

Here the calculator is designated FX-991 SPX II and has castellano, spannish and portuguese language, in essential it is designed for the Iberia Market. Maybe it is a requirement from schools / universities.

I would like to switch the language to english but its not bad to have well translated model. 

( Edit)
Currently i bought the 570 SPX ii while in promotion to replace the ti89 that was from a friend and repaired two years ago or more from corrusion but now it is eating batteries like a ungry lion.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 04:09:13 pm by malagas_on_fire »
If one can make knowledge flow than it will go from negative to positve , for real

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf