Author Topic: CDR2005 radio help  (Read 1434 times)

Offline markm6164Topic starter

• Contributor
CDR2005 radio help
« on: March 28, 2014, 07:05:03 pm »
I need some help repairing my brothers car radio. Basically there is no sound output from the unit. Inside there are two TDA7375 amplifiers on the output stage. There are audio signals going into the amplifiers but nothing on the outputs. Also between the outputs of the TDA7375's and the speaker connectors at the back of the set there is a capacitor and a 10 ohm in series. All the 10 ohm resistors have burn marks and measure between 11 and 30 ohms. One last thing before confirming faulty TDA7375's is i notice from the datasheet there is a standby, pin activated via CMOS? I am an auto electrician that dips into electronics as a hobby. I don't understand how the standby pin works. I measure around 1.9v dc on this pin. How can i enable this pin so the outputs should be on? If that pin is enabled that would be my last check to confirm faulty amplifiers. Hope all that makes sense and thanks before hand for any replies. I will link below to the datasheet to make things easier.

Thanks Mark

http://www.audiosound.info/katlisty/TDA7375.pdf

Offline markm6164Topic starter

• Contributor
Re: CDR2005 radio help
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 10:10:36 pm »
Just found 5 blown output resistors. I removed them and my standby pin goes to 4.8v and i have audio on the outputs of the amps.   :scared:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf