Author Topic: Cheap 9-channel radio teardown.  (Read 1507 times)

Offline ResRTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • -Artificial_Intelligent-
Cheap 9-channel radio teardown.
« on: August 09, 2014, 12:41:25 pm »
http://www.4shared.com/folder/LiMjaRCz/Radio.html

Hey. I got this small 2 AA battery powered 9 channel radio from a small shop in Pärnu and disassembled it carefully to take a look inside. It cost only mere 6,50 euros and it came with a pair of batteries (exp. date in 2016). All through-hole parts, string mechanism for tuning. One of the surprise (or anticipated fact) was for me that the DX-Local switch is a fake  :palm: . There is no switch contacts for that violet gang. There is two IC's, one is a TDA2822 speaker amplifier that does power the 0,5W speaker quite loud, other is a TA2033 (DIP-16) chip that controls everything. Build quality is well down to the price, but there is a second mold plastic for the electronics that is screwed into the housing. Sound quality is not bad, the tiny 0,5W 8 Ohm paper cone speaker sound relatively good, there is no case rattle when it's turned up loud, the case feels also quite sturdy for such a low price, but the plastic feels brittle, what i don't like is that the power switch is integrated to volume potentiometer.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf