Author Topic: Cheap Chinese dome lights  (Read 1324 times)

Offline botcrusherTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Cheap Chinese dome lights
« on: April 14, 2016, 01:01:11 pm »
I've got myself a pair of $13 sound activated lights, that were 'supposed' to have 'the DMX Digital' surprise! They didn't.

That being said, for $13 bucks, the first light is quite impressive. I haven't opened this one yet because It works brilliantly and It's currently hanging on a theatrical fly bar. It is quite responsive with sound activation, clapping or the beat of the music teigger the various effects quite nicely. I'll see if i can get a video of it.

Now here's the interesting part, the second one, identical packaging, came in the same shipping bag, it completely different Upon teardown I found out that the second one:

-the main light (RGB, 3x1W led) were all wired in series on this board, and were powered by a seperate rectifier/transformer assembly than the bottom board.

-The bottom board has what on first inspection is a PIC style 8 pin mcu. This one cycles through a very small amount of effects, and they forgot to code in the blue LEDs! I still have to find some of the traces but it appears to be using a tri-state configuration.

For about the same price as a lotto ticket, you can something far more interesting

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=131645212463&alt=web

Oh yeah, that second one, the one that sucks, has no facility for audio activation (there is no mirophone...)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf