Author Topic: China CNC 6040 - Setup  (Read 2424 times)

Offline GaryTopic starter

China CNC 6040 - Setup
« on: May 18, 2015, 02:05:50 pm »
Hi All,

I have just purchased and set up my China CNC 6040.  Although Mach3 reports the X, Y and Z data is changing, none of the motors move.  They are all correctly locked up when the power is turned on.  I have tried a couple of old XP based PC's with standard parallel/printer ports so I think I am transmitting the data OK.  I took the case off and can only assume that the yoocnc-450JKB (breakout) board has failed.  Is there a simple way to test the output of my parallel/printer ports and generate test inputs to the 450JKB to check the motors move?

Cheers

Gary

Offline chad

Re: China CNC 6040 - Setup
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 11:25:27 pm »
Hi gary, you would be a lot better off over at the mach forums for this question. They have seen it all. http://www.machsupport.com/forum/

chad

Offline RJFreeman

• Regular Contributor
    • Australian Technical Production Services
Re: China CNC 6040 - Setup
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 12:14:16 am »
hmm, the 6040....

Is it this one:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/HOME-CNC-6040-Carving-machine-Engraving_359416407.html

First the supplied controller is a death trap - the 100V for the milling motor is derived directly from the mains and therefore is potentially lethal.
My one had off centre couplers which caused the stepper motors to jam - they would move, but skip frequently and when I loosened the mounting bolts for the stepper motors the motors moved around - fortunately new couplers are readily available.
while I did run the original controller for a while, fortunately it blew itself up before it killed me fairly early.

so you need to get a new controller anyway, and you may need to change the stepper motor couplers as well

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf