Author Topic: Delta 3d printer help!!! Convex Print surface!  (Read 3642 times)

Offline BobajakeTopic starter

• Contributor
Delta 3d printer help!!! Convex Print surface!
« on: August 05, 2015, 04:11:55 pm »
Okay so I am taking the hard road and building my own delta 3d printer and I've had a lot of problems and breakthroughs, But this problem I cant seem to get through...

My printer is is convex and changing the smooth rod offset in MARLIN does nothing. I have checked to see that the eprom is changing when i adjust it and it is so that is not the problem  :-[  I have all my testing in a spreadsheet its in google docs so I'll  link it in. I am just really at a loss here.... Any help would be appreciated.

Also I know the reprap forum would be a better place to go, but when i tried to create my account i verified it and then it said a Mod will email me or something and I never got an email  |O so that was not an option.

Google spreadsheet Calibration Link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bvVRm6QqOtgZ-hLfc-3S_BP_D9g2_30KHDgXOYKpEZE/edit?usp=sharing

It has the marlin firmware and im using pronterface.

Offline ElektroQuark

• Supporter
    • ElektroQuark
Re: Delta 3d printer help!!! Convex Print surface!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 04:15:25 pm »
Any image?
I suppose you are printing a test block and the top surface is convex. If so, you are feeding to much. Low the feed rate in your software.

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 05:33:14 pm »
Thank you but no... if you look at the spreadsheet when the extruder is in the center it is 5mm higher than when it is at the poles.

Offline ElektroQuark

• Supporter
    • ElektroQuark
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 05:36:59 pm »
Ooops! Sorry.
I was thinking about a cartesian printer and it is not the case.
Sorry again.

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 05:42:21 pm »
Haha no its okay, you solved a problem that i would have had down the road  :)

Offline singapol

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 02:40:42 am »
Okay so I am taking the hard road and building my own delta 3d printer and I've had a lot of problems and breakthroughs, But this problem I cant seem to get through...

My printer is is convex and changing the smooth rod offset in MARLIN does nothing. I have checked to see that the eprom is changing when i adjust it and it is so that is not the problem  :-[  I have all my testing in a spreadsheet its in google docs so I'll  link it in. I am just really at a loss here.... Any help would be appreciated.

Also I know the reprap forum would be a better place to go, but when i tried to create my account i verified it and then it said a Mod will email me or something and I never got an email  |O so that was not an option.

Google spreadsheet Calibration Link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bvVRm6QqOtgZ-hLfc-3S_BP_D9g2_30KHDgXOYKpEZE/edit?usp=sharing

It has the marlin firmware and im using pronterface.

Did you check your spam folder...it could be there...your email activation.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf