Author Topic: Digital Konnekt x32 Teardown / disassembly TC Electronic Photos - PRO AUDIO  (Read 3445 times)

Offline robqueTopic starter

Hi there, I was repairing Digital Konnekt x32 and just wanted to share some photos with you. Enjoy

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130503367@N05/sets/72157650370694817/
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 01:00:09 am by robque »

Offline CZ101

• Contributor
Nice, what are you repairing exactly? I've got an SK48 repair in the works.

Offline robqueTopic starter

Fire-wire stopped working because of plugging the cable in opposite way. Some years ago it happened with one port, and recently with second one. As any of the parts were destroyed on the way to TSB41AB2 chip, I gonna replace it with new one.

What are you fixing in SK48?

Offline Syn-Fi

Re: Digital Konnekt x32 Teardown / disassembly TC Electronic Photos - PRO AUDIO
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 09:14:07 am »
hi,
this is interesting. did you fix it? aren't there diodes to protect against reverse cable connection?

Finally, is the sample rate conversion by custom chip?

Online KhronX

• Frequent Contributor
    • Khron's Cave - Electronics Blog
Sorry to "necro" this thread, but i just repaired one of these yesterday.

Slightly better-lit photos and a bit more detail, plus a pretty full inventory of the silicon used  ::)

http://khronscave.blogspot.com/2019/03/36-tc-electronic-digital-konnekt-x32.html

PS: Regarding Firewire getting connected upside down - there's not much one can do to protect against getting 12-24v connected to a 3.3v data line, unfortunately.
On the bright side though, TI's still making the chips, so... So far, so good  :D
Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf