Author Topic: Does anybody know MCP418?  (Read 1562 times)

Offline masoudiumTopic starter

• Contributor
Does anybody know MCP418?
« on: October 05, 2016, 12:39:30 pm »
Hi,
I have bought these MCP418 chips at a wholesale store, but couldn't find any datasheet for this IC through the web?
Does anybody know how I can gain some information about them?

Offline daveshah

• Supporter
    • Projects
Re: Does anybody know MCP418?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 03:37:46 pm »
It looks a bit like someone has added some black varnish or something and printed the RB205/MCP418 on top (based on the shiny appearance of the top compared to the bottom), either just to give it an in-house part number for some end application or because it is custom programmed. I wonder if you could very carefully remove it somehow (suspect sanding would ruin any marking underneath) and see if anything is printed/laser marked underneath.

Offline Davy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 11:11:24 pm »
The black varnish... would this be called 'black topping'? This is what is found on faked devices. For curiosity try rubbing the print with your finger, sometimes a clue can be had by looking at the indent circle on pin one side.

Take a look here http://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/52356/how-to-identify-faulty-or-fake-duplicate-ics  It's not just chips it's transistors as well.

Sometimes if the 'black topping is removed'  try acetone or nail varnish remover you may find the real device number underneath, another trick is they grind the part number off, then print a fake number.

Dave

Offline masoudiumTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 06:10:19 am »
As you mentioned I removed the printed code with some acetone, and TADA it was a D-Latch underneath.
I asked the seller where he has found them and he said in a washing machine!! I believe these chips may be used as extra part for those washing machines. :D
Thanks guys

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 07:01:33 am »
In a washing machine they would be used as a driver for the LED's and the optocouplers used to control the motors and pumps.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf