Author Topic: Dymo Rhino 5200 issue  (Read 5436 times)

Offline jmoreland79Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Electrical Engineer
Dymo Rhino 5200 issue
« on: December 12, 2014, 04:51:22 pm »
We recently purchased this labeler based on reviews and it's advanced capabilities.  I was previously using an old Brother P-Touch PT-85 which was fine but has a basic feature set.

The feature set of the Rhino is great, however the print quality leaves much to be desired.  I've tried different tape cartridges and I still get the same result.  I tried cleaning the print head and there was no change.  The troubleshooting guide directs to use the "special brush" included with the labeler, but I didn't not receive this brush in the kit.

Any ideas?  I'm attaching sample photos of each.  The Brother's print looks great while the Rhino's is "splotchy".  Is this just the quality I should expect?  Pretty poor for a $100+ US unit.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 05:52:00 pm by jmoreland79 »

Online ajb

• Super Contributor
Re: Dymo Rhino 5200 issue
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 03:36:12 am »
Haven't seen that on our Rhino 6000.  Looks like it happens mainly on vertical areas, where more of the print head elements would be on at once. . . battery fully charged?

Offline jmoreland79Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Electrical Engineer
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 04:59:40 pm »
Haven't seen that on our Rhino 6000.  Looks like it happens mainly on vertical areas, where more of the print head elements would be on at once. . . battery fully charged?

It was the battery, apparently.  I connected the AC adapter and it prints fine.  I will give it a good charge and see what the result is.

The battery was at 8.15V and it's a 7.4V battery, so I thought that would be sufficient voltage for it to operate normally...guess not.

Thanks

Offline ElektronikLabor

• Regular Contributor
    • YouTube: ElektronikLabor
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 08:27:56 pm »
The battery was at 8.15V and it's a 7.4V battery [...]
Is it possible to measure the battery voltage during the printing process? Maybe the voltage could drop while printing.

Offline tech5940

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 02:36:31 am »
I realize this is an old post but I purchased this labeler recently and wasn't 100% happy with the print quality on Vinyl labels. Anyway if you press and hold 8 while turning turning it  on (release once on)  you can adjust a setting up to 1200 which cleaned up the fine printing on my unit. Just wanted to share this tip I came across. It was actually listed as a solution for the 6000 by it worked fine on my 5200.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf