Author Topic: ERSA I-CON C - Remote Control  (Read 2545 times)

Offline amexliveTopic starter

• Contributor
ERSA I-CON C - Remote Control
« on: April 04, 2017, 09:48:50 am »
Dear Friends,
I am pleased to be part of this forum. Advance I apologize for my not good English.

I have two soldering station of ERSA I-Con 1 and expect to receive ERSA EASY ARM 110i (solder fume extraction systems). The extraction system have remote control but is compatible only with ERSA I-CON C soldering station. I check in Internet that the difference between I-CON 1 and I-CON 1 C is only this remote control port for extraction system (one DB9 port of the back side of the soldering station).
I want to ask you if any of you have I-CON 1 or 2 C soldering station with remote control port to send more information about it. Cable circuit and pictures of the PCB. I want to make my I-CON 1 with remote control port and I think that the PCB's are the same but I do not know where I can connect this DB9 remote control port and the pinout of the DB9. In the worst case I might have to reflash the ATMEGA.

Thank you in advance for the help Friends!

Best Regards,

Online wraper

• Supporter
Re: ERSA I-CON C - Remote Control
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 10:23:47 am »
In the worst case I might have to reflash the ATMEGA.
And where are you going to get the firmware? In the past I tried my luck with dumping the firmware of I-CON 2 but ISP did not work. Looked like reset pin could be disabled by fuse. As it wasn't something of high priority did not bother to desolder the MCU as most likely it was read protected anyway.

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 10:31:00 am »
I have not idea where I can find the dump for ATMEGA, maybe from another the same station. I have not try to read or write the flash on this station, but is most likely to have protection - ERSA can not make it this for free...

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 02:07:32 pm »
Hello Friends,
here I upload a PCB of ERSA EasyArm 110i and I draw what I check on it. I have interested about remote control port from ERSA I-CON 1 C to this Station. How I can control it remote? What send the ERSA I-CON 1 to this station to be in "standby mode" and "working mode".

Offline pkircher

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 05:25:02 am »
datasheet for the pic

http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/40044G.pdf

pin 7&8 from the pic are ether uart rx/tx or general GPIO
my guess is on uart

i highly doubt there is a hugly complex interaction going on ..

Handshake - Indentification - Commands - same goes with the heatplate

the on off for the extraction should be easy to track/trigger with movement of the pencil

i get a i-con 4 soon and want it to work with "non ersa" addons .. ( heatplate/extraction)

if someone has a log of how the i-con 2/4 talks to peripherals - that would help ALOT.

my bet would be regular serial /uart / rs232
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 10:08:43 am by pkircher »

Offline frozenfrogz

• Frequent Contributor
  • Having fun with Arduino and Raspberry Pi
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 08:49:04 pm »
Hello folks,

did any of you make progress with reverse engineering the remote / protocol / commands?
I am thinking of ordering a remote from Ersa and sniffing the exchanged data otherwise.
He’s like a trained ape. Without the training.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf