Author Topic: Ersa I-CON PICO Error 8 (heating element defect)  (Read 10343 times)

Offline CreepTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Ersa I-CON PICO Error 8 (heating element defect)
« on: September 30, 2014, 09:01:51 pm »
Hello. About a month ago I purchased a used Ersa I-Con PICO from a fellow forum member. Tried it a couple of times after purchase to see if everything was working properly and then set it aside for about 2 weeks. When I finally put it to work again, it seems to bark an Error 8 message and shut down from time to time. After pressing any of the buttons, the error goes away and the iron starts the heatup process again. At first it seemed very rare (maybe once during 30 minutes of work). At the time I though nothing of it as it didn't affect working with it. However it seems to have become worse and on some occasions it has died on me twice in a single minute. After a bit of digging around I found that the error means "Heating element defect".
Does anyone have any clue what might be causing it and what to look for? And if the heating element acually has to be replaced, where can I get spare parts for it?

Thanks, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Offline M. András

• Super Contributor
Re: Ersa I-CON PICO Error 8 (heating element defect)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 08:38:48 am »
at first you can try to reinsert the connector, if it solves it then its fine, otherwise its a handtool replacement if its not the catridge type heater element which integrated with the tip like the jbc or the weller wrmp pencils

Offline CreepTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 08:41:50 pm »
Hadn't had the need for the iron for a while, but today I did. Took the iron itself apart (which basicly means removed the "cartridge" heating element). Couldn't see a fault anywhere, so pushed the heating element back in (applying a reasonable amount of force) and tried powering on the iron again.
As luck would have it, seems like that did the  trick and didn't see the error message at all today.
I wonder what the problem was. A poor connection somewhere perhaps?

Offline M. András

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 08:49:24 pm »
Hadn't had the need for the iron for a while, but today I did. Took the iron itself apart (which basicly means removed the "cartridge" heating element). Couldn't see a fault anywhere, so pushed the heating element back in (applying a reasonable amount of force) and tried powering on the iron again.
As luck would have it, seems like that did the  trick and didn't see the error message at all today.
I wonder what the problem was. A poor connection somewhere perhaps?
yeah it happened with my  weller wrmp pencil and its uses a modified 3.5mm audio jack :)

Offline De

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 05:19:57 pm »
Purchased mine today.
It's a preownerd item but was rarely used, by the previous owner.
Had the same error popped up on the screen!
It seems like the error on mine appeared after the standby mode. But i have unplugged and plugged both the heating element and the soldering iron and it seems like it has fixed the problem for now.
Otherwise almost $100 for a new heating element.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 05:21:55 pm by De »

Offline sersher

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 02:21:39 pm »
In my case, the cause was a faulty triac T25CQ6F SANREX (TMG25CQ60F). Possible replacement is BTA24-800BWRG or BTA24-600CWRG. Problem solved.

http://forum.vegalab.ru/showthread.php?t=49572&p=1756082&viewfull=1#post1756082

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf