Author Topic: GJ8081 portable hot air rework guns  (Read 1617 times)

Offline HwAoRrDkTopic starter

• Super Contributor
GJ8081 portable hot air rework guns
« on: February 26, 2017, 07:03:42 pm »
Does anyone have, or has used, one of these portable hot air rework guns? They appear to be sold under the title 'GONGJUE 8081', 'GJ8081', '8081LCD', or simply 'LCD Hot Air Gun'. I was looking at getting a cheap hot air rework station, and these things caught my eye. Would be a lot more convenient for something that would only get occasional use, and can be easily put away in a drawer/cupboard or wherever after use, unlike a bulky desktop station.

They appear to be as ubiquitous as the 858D station on eBay, AliExpress, etc. and are similarly priced too. Available in both 110V and 220V too.

I found a listing on AliExpress that was also selling the component parts - heating element, PCB, nozzles - which had some fairly detailed pictures of the PCB. Would like to know what others think. To my eyes, doesn't look too bad, although the way in which they trim down the tab of that TO220 and the heat sink is bit rough!

Offline RayRay

• Frequent Contributor
Re: GJ8081 portable hot air rework guns
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 07:39:39 pm »
Can't say I've used it, but if you ask me, if you want a portable hot air station, I'd say the 8858 (Made by both Saike & Yihua) would be a good choice.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf