Author Topic: Hakko 47x series desoldering stations  (Read 1542 times)

Offline PrimeTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hakko 47x series desoldering stations
« on: July 14, 2017, 08:58:07 am »
Hi,

I've come across a number of Hakko 47x series desoldering stations on Ebay. I notice that most seem to be missing the gun, the gun seems to double the price.

So a few questions come to mind.

Are they any good?
Are parts (and consumables) easy to get?
Are they reliable (why are they missing the guns).
Are there other guns on the market that can be (relatively) easily adapted to fit and has anyone done this?

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
Re: Hakko 47x series desoldering stations
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 04:15:37 am »
Are they any good?

Yes, the genuine Hakko 47X model basically is the base design that has been cloned like crazy out there, just like popular soldering station Hakko 936.

Are parts (and consumables) easy to get?

In my country, yes, there is an authorized Hakko distributor that is still selling parts for discontinued models, just watch closely at the last photo of the printed manufactured date of Hakko part labels at -> HERE , its clear Hakko still manucfacture parts for old discontinued product.

Are they reliable (why are they missing the guns).

With my limited experience since I've been using it just few months, I found out they're very reliable, as long you clean it regularly or diligently  ;).

I did tear down mine as I received it 1st, and fixed it too, imo its very-very well made based on my observation of it's internal parts & design.  :-+

Apart from the suction main compressor, which I believe is the most expensive part, the 2nd most is the heating element at the guns, as its integrated with the stainless steel pipe for the suction, and probably thats why the guns is missing as they're quite highly priced even used.

Also genuine Hakko gun are very well made and built, as this needs a high precision mechanical parts that make it reliable to do suction work, and also don't leak around like cheap clone, as I've used clones before.

Are there other guns on the market that can be (relatively) easily adapted to fit and has anyone done this?

Suggesting to download the Hakko manual, observe, learn and look for the connecting parts like the vacuum hose and connector, and the heating element compatibility like the resistance and etc before ordering.

The 474 that I bought few months ago, and made thread -> HERE.

Offline PrimeTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Hakko 47x series desoldering stations
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 03:45:09 pm »
Thanks.

I ended up buying a soldering station first but I'll bear all this in mind when I can eventually afford to buy a desoldering gun.

I see that some models used an external compressor. That's probably not ideal for a home workshop and worth avoiding.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf