Author Topic: Hakko Fr-300 desoldering tool  (Read 96453 times)

Offline RobertHolcombe

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Hakko Fr-300 desoldering tool
« Reply #225 on: January 08, 2016, 08:26:36 am »
I have the same problem occasionally, and have used a small drill bits (usually 0.1-0.2mm smaller diameter than the tip) in a pin-vice to gently clear out the tip. Regularly using the full size (hex profile) cleaning pin which requires removal of the tip will make it easier to use the smaller diameter cleaning pins.

Offline neslekkim

• Super Contributor
« Reply #226 on: January 08, 2016, 03:46:23 pm »
The cleaning pin is used when the tool is hot right?, but what about the drills?, when cold?, or hot?
I bought some original drills to use, after first trying some cheap drills from ebay, those had bigger head than they should, and very soft, the original ones seems better, but crazy expensive compared to normal drills..

Offline RobertHolcombe

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #227 on: January 10, 2016, 12:33:12 am »
Yep I use both the cleaning pins and/or drill bits while the tool is hot and powered on, then apply suction to clear any remaining crud from the barrel before powering it off after use.

Offline Rikerek

« Reply #228 on: September 22, 2016, 11:36:25 am »
Hello!

Would it still be possible to obtain a discount code for HAKKO FR-300 purchase?

Whatever the answer, thanks in advance! :)

Offline carlostex

« Reply #229 on: October 08, 2016, 04:05:45 pm »
Hi, new guy here!  8)

I would also like to get a discount from Batter Fly for a Hakko FR-300.

I really need to fix my IBM XT 5160 motherboard, get all those nasty tantalums replaced, and i'm sick of cheap lo grade tools. I need a good quality tool, i don't wanna damage the board.

Thanks!!!

Offline giuliani77

« Reply #230 on: January 05, 2017, 11:18:10 am »
Hi to everybody. I ask gmit77 for a discount code to buy Hakoo FR-300 and some accesories.
If is still available.
Thanks in advance.

Offline Ray.B

• Contributor
« Reply #231 on: October 28, 2017, 07:55:34 pm »
I am in the USA Ray.B

I seen a guy (Richard UK ) having some solder stuck in his new Hakko FR-300 in the UK.  His website was on You Tube "We Conclude the Hakko FR-300 and put it to rest," "Richard UK".  He also had a previous You Tube video on his Hakko FR-300 before this one.  I mentioned to him that he should have sent the Hakko in for repairs which was under warranty.  You have to watch the video and shudder.
     Richard said that he measured the mains voltage at his area and it was 240 Volts,  the Hakko FR-300 was set to 220 Volts on the board that he had.  I was wondering if the difference in voltages would cause the resistor to arched over.   Richard also said that he was having trouble trying to clear out a solder blockage in his Hakko FR-300 and overstressed the motor.  He was very mad about the problems he was having with his 300 dollar learning experience.  He probably can't get his Hakko repaired because of all the damage he did, but he could replace the PWB, the board is listed under B5012 for the 220-230 Volt version and a B5013 for the 240 Volt version.  I don't know the differences, and probably the 220 Volt version is the only one the UK is authorized to use, even though he has 240 Volts in his area.  He also was asking about the motor, he could power it up with 35 Volts AC on the leads to see if it worked,  ( the motor is the only thing that Hakko won't replace, only internally.)   (In my post I mentioned that he could use a isolation transformer and variac to test it.)  Richards topic was about six months old.    Later Ray.B 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf