Author Topic: Hakko Fr-300 desoldering tool  (Read 96046 times)

Offline SjokoladeTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Hakko Fr-300 desoldering tool
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2014, 01:18:25 pm »
I have one of these on pre-order, can't wait to see if it performs when it arrives.

Still not any info about it on Hakkos website, I guess it's still a secret.
If at first you do succeed try not to look astonished

Offline mcinque

• Supporter
  • I know that I know nothing
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2014, 01:55:49 pm »
I guess it's still a secret.

Sure, and probably this thread doesn't exist really.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2014, 02:06:55 pm »
Sure, and you have probably been eating yellow snow for breakfast.

Offline mcinque

• Supporter
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2014, 02:43:24 pm »
The fact that we're talking about the fr300 should be enough to make you understand that's NOT a secret.

You're a little touchy, don't you?

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2014, 02:46:54 pm »
The fact that I started this thread should explain it quite well so I know this thread is not a secret  :palm:

Are you feeling well ?

Offline rdl

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2014, 03:55:00 pm »
I was wondering about that. I have that item on my watch list, the seller has over 55,000 feedbacks at 100% positive, and states that they are a Hakko Authorized Distributor. I would think that eBay would have required removal of that claim a long time ago if it wasn't true, but I don't see them listed as an authorized distributor at the Hakko web site.

I can buy the US FX-808 from eBay for 180$, plus 40$ shipping, or about 220$ (159 euro): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hakko-808-KIT-P-808-5-Desoldering-Gun-Tool-120-VAC-Handheld-Self-Contained-Kit-/380841853916?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58abf183dc

The problem is they are almost always fake.

Offline mcinque

• Supporter
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2014, 04:16:41 pm »
The fact that I started this thread should explain it quite well so I know this thread is not a secret  :palm:

Well... you stated that you guess the fr300 is still a secret, not me.  :-//

I guess it's still a secret.
Since some shops like this has this item in preorder (and probably others all around the world), since we are talking about it on a public forum, and since a simple google search with "hakko fr 300" shows a couple of results and images... exactly what the hell of secret are you talking about?

Or maybe you've never pronounced the word "secret"?

Are you feeling well ?
I'm fine thanks.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 04:18:19 pm by mcinque »

Offline rdl

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2014, 01:19:17 am »
I didn't mean the item, I was referring to the seller claiming to be an authorized Hakko distributor. If they are, then the item isn't fake. If they're not, then I'm surprised Hakko and eBay have allowed them to continue to state that they are.

Offline tsmith35

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2014, 01:47:57 am »
I didn't mean the item, I was referring to the seller claiming to be an authorized Hakko distributor. If they are, then the item isn't fake. If they're not, then I'm surprised Hakko and eBay have allowed them to continue to state that they are.

So... I emailed Hakko and asked. I'll let you know what I find.

Offline gyyv

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2014, 12:14:28 am »
Hello. I took a call from someone on this thread. I was stoked to the point of joining this forum, I have loved EEV Blog for some time now. NIOSales is the Ebay name we chose in 2003. The company associated with NIOSales on ebay is Ness Electronics, Inc. (N ess I ncorporated O nline Sales) Oh things were so different back then lol.
We are are an Authorized Hakko Distributor. We have been distributing them for longer that I have been with the company. I started with them in 1995 (in shipping.) We were formed in 1964, and are celebrating our 50th anniversary this year. If anyone has any questions please feel free to call me or any of our staff. Our phone number is 1-800-331-7617. We are in Minnesota, and our hours are 8am to 5pm Central time. We strive to bring good customer service, and I think that is represented in our feedbacks on Ebay.
Thank you for the consideration.
Don

Offline tequipment

• Regular Contributor
    • TEquipment
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2014, 12:36:35 am »
http://www.tequipment.net/Hakko/FR-300/

I will have all the tips up tommorrow.  I will put a 360 up soon as soon as we do the photography.

We sell hundreds of 808s.  This will be an excellent seller.  We have hakko certified people as well.

Offline tequipment

• Regular Contributor
    • TEquipment
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2014, 02:45:58 am »
I will have this page updated a bit more tomorrow:
http://www.tequipment.net/Hakko-808-vs-FR-300-Desoldering-Tool/

But this will give you a good overview.  Excuse the grammar as I didnt proof the page yet.

Thanks!
Evan
TEquipment.NET

Offline linux-works

• Super Contributor
    • netstuff
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2014, 03:39:32 am »
typo found:

sed s/ergonimic/ergonomic/g

;)

Offline tequipment

• Regular Contributor
    • TEquipment
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2014, 03:45:19 am »
Thanks.  I fixed a bunch just now.  My guys will do the rest tomorrow.
The side by side should be up any min.  I just put the attributes in.

Thanks again
Evan

Offline mariush

• Super Contributor
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2014, 04:10:09 am »
Oh man, who wrote that description, a 8 year old?

comparison - no need for uppercase 
vs the new hakko fr-300 desoldering -  desoldering what?
its hard ->it's hard

what customers are saying about the 808 in the reviews section of the 808 page - we already know you talk about the 808, no need to say again the 808 page

New intergrated -> new integrated (no need for uppercase)

The new pump has even more suction than the pump on the older Hakko 808/Kit.  - bad expression .. maybe say new pump with increased suction capability, compared to the older model
This allows the unit to be more balanced in your hand and reduce vibration -  bad expression.. who reduces vibration, the unit or the chamber. maybe say "reduced vibration and a better balanced tool due to the use of a single, improved chamber"
New quick change Nozzle system that allow you to change the tips with a simple click. - already mentioned something about nozzles, maybe combine both in a single row

Other minor changes the the grip was overhaulded to be more ergonimic. - makes no sense , the the grip , overhaulded
The pipe filter has a spot where you can now grip it to remove it.  ... lousy expression

For the Full Details of the differences please see below: (click the ? for explanations of specification terms)  .. if you have to say it you're doing the design of the page wrong .. and there's only one ? below and no mention of the "i" icon.

-

anyway, can you give an estimated price?  It's 300 euro here (with vat included)... maybe you guys can do a better price.

Offline tequipment

• Regular Contributor
    • TEquipment
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2014, 01:57:14 pm »
I wrote that almost in the dark past 10pm at night with a laptop where the keys don't light up.  I was in my camo recliner while my wife was watching TV.  I think that could paint a picture for you.

I'm an engineer and grammar and spelling is not something I specialize in.  Now I am at a desk.  I have someone updating the page right now as I type this.  I sent him your link. Thanks!  Feedback is always good.

As for the pricing I don't have it yet.  My guess is it would be around 225 in the USA.  The older Hakko was ~180 retail price in the states.  That is just a guess though so don't hold me to it.

Cheers
Evan

Offline linux-works

• Super Contributor
    • netstuff
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2014, 02:51:02 pm »
I may be selling my hakko 808.  I recently bought a pace desoldering system on the bay and I don't think I'll need both.

(during my ebaying, I kind of overbought and so I'll probably also have a hakko hot tweezer set for sale, too.  its too easy to get carried away when doing a search on ebay, sigh).

Offline tsmith35

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2014, 10:50:52 pm »
I'm an engineer and grammar and spelling is not something I specialize in.

lol Engineers tend to stay on the dark side of grammar and spelling... as a co-worker once asked, "but you understood what I was saying, right?" :)

Offline tequipment

• Regular Contributor
    • TEquipment

Offline mariush

• Super Contributor
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2014, 12:48:28 am »
You're getting there :) Some observations:

Its hard to believe  <-- It's

Just take a look at what customers are saying about the 808 in the reviews section of its page found here.  <-- they just got on this page, why do you push them to move on to another page?

Several times on the page there's Hakko 808 vs FR-300  but when you start describing the differences you mention fr-300 vs the 808-kit .  It's a bit confusing; FR-300 is the "star" of the page, so perhaps it should be fr-300 vs 808 throughout the page, to have everything more consistent. 
There's also several product names on the page, let me point them out:

Hakko 808 vs FR-300 Desoldering Tool
Summary comparison of the Hakko 808/KIT vs the new Hakko FR-300 Desoldering Tool
What is the difference between the FR-300 Desolder Station vs the 808-Kit Desoldering Tool?
*  The FR300 has a new pump which has even more suction than the pump on the older 808/KIT.

Say I find this page through google and it's not obvious to me that I can click on Hakko 808 links or FR-300 link in first paragraph and I want to enter something in the search box above in the menu, what am I supposed to enter?  I think you should be more consistent

Then...
What is the difference between the FR-300 Desolder Station vs the 808-Kit Desoldering Tool?:  < ---  ? :  - grammar: http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/colon.htm
You keep using "has a longer cord", "has a new pump", "grip was overhauled", just in one place you say "there is a new case" .. it pops out and it sounds a bit weird to me (but then again English is not my native language). Could probably just say "New case", without the "there is"

You also use two spaces after each sentence but if I remember correctly in some countries this is taught, but it's wrong. Most people stopped doing it when typewriters died. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentence_spacing or http://desktoppub.about.com/cs/typespacing/a/onetwospaces.htm

« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 12:51:27 am by mariush »

Offline tequipment

• Regular Contributor
    • TEquipment
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2014, 02:48:58 am »
Thanks!  I love the feedback.  I am 34.  I learned to type with 2 spaces.  It was drilled into my head to do it that way.  In fact, in 8th grade we would get points off for not doing it. 

I will send all your feedback and will have them make a new edit tomorrow.  I do appreciate it.

Evan

Offline linux-works

• Super Contributor
    • netstuff
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2014, 02:53:37 am »
I'm 50's and learned that there are 2 spaces after a period.  I still do it now.  look, just did it again!  ;)

I dropped most uppercase, though.  lots of reasons, and some people still can't accept this new aspect.  u/c is not strictly needed; especially when you (yes, you guessed) use 2 spaces after a period!

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2014, 03:01:03 am »
Eh. I just use one space. It's what I'm used to.
I'm not saying we should kill all stupid people. I'm just saying that we should remove all product safety labels and let natural selection do its work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/echen1024

Offline eKretz

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2014, 03:40:32 am »
Two spaces vs. one space at the end of a sentence is inconsequential. There is no right or wrong. People debate this all day long to no end. Do whichever you want and move on. I also was taught to use a double space at the end of a sentence but to me it makes no difference.

Offline neslekkim

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2014, 07:20:19 am »
Can we please delete the off-topic grammar discussions?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf