Author Topic: Hakko FX-951 auto power off with sleep?  (Read 189 times)

Offline zibadun

• Regular Contributor
Hakko FX-951 auto power off with sleep?
« on: April 16, 2018, 02:56:33 am »
hey

Just got this gem FX-951 but for the life of me can't figure out how the sleep/auto power off customization works. 

It seems I can choose *either* a sleep (throttle down to 200°C) after a set number of minutes OR auto power off after 30 min.  But not both.   |O    Say I want the iron to sleep after 3 min and power off after 30 min.  Is there any way to do that?

The manual (slightly cryptic) is here https://doc.hakko.com/download.php?_gs=on&l=en&kp=FX+951+old&d=398

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Super Contributor
  • NW0LF
Re: Hakko FX-951 auto power off with sleep?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 03:54:44 am »
I just use the sleep setting.  When I am done, I shut it off.  I might have to go play with mine to see if I can get both to work.
It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is a way to solve problems without violence.

Online KL27x

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 09:12:15 am »
Idling at 200C is probably only drawing something like 3 watts on a T15 iron. And you can probably leave a Hakko tip at 200 C for weeks without touching it, with no ill effect. I think heat cycling might cause more stress to the internals than the worry over oxidation at relatively low temps.

If I could set both, I would have the auto power down at like 3 hours, maybe. 30 min is hardly time to read a datasheet while figuring out what the heck I'm doing.

I regularly leave my 888 on when leaving the building to go eat or something. At soldering temp. I have replaced only one tip in 9 years, and on further examination that tip is fine, too. (The iron sleeve on the inside broke loose, but it looks like it's just a press fit extra shim/doodad to begin with, put in there to protect the chrome plating on the "real" iron layer from wear when inserting/removing the tip. The creamy copper filling is still perfectly sealed and intact.)

Hope you get your answer from someone with this station. Sorry for the sidetrack.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 09:21:09 am by KL27x »

Offline simone.pignatti

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 04:58:24 am »
hey

Just got this gem FX-951 but for the life of me can't figure out how the sleep/auto power off customization works. 

It seems I can choose *either* a sleep (throttle down to 200°C) after a set number of minutes OR auto power off after 30 min.  But not both.   |O    Say I want the iron to sleep after 3 min and power off after 30 min.  Is there any way to do that?

The manual (slightly cryptic) is here https://doc.hakko.com/download.php?_gs=on&l=en&kp=FX+951+old&d=398
this video may help
Technical Support

Offline metrologist

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 06:46:56 am »
Thanks!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf