Author Topic: Hitachi Power tools  (Read 4226 times)

Offline EEVadityaTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hitachi Power tools
« on: June 01, 2015, 07:24:45 am »
Hello,

I was searching Power tools like Drills & Drivers. While doing that I came across following Hitachi products(please see the link)

http://www.hitachi-koki.in/Product_list.aspx?CatID=12#2

But I have some queries regarding it Kindly guide.

1.Can I use these tools both as Driller as well as Screwdriver.
2.Can I operate them  while charging is going on.

Also I am confused about the Torque rating.My application will be to open screws in Automotive product's PCB's fixed in casings etc.

what Torque rating should I opt for?

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.
Re: Hitachi Power tools
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 07:55:40 am »
You can use them while charging if you have more than one battery, the batteries slide off in order to fit them into the charger. As for torque get the biggest tool you can afford and or that will fit into the spaces you wish to use them in. I have several; Hitachi power tools and found them very good.If the unit is listed as a drill/driver it can be used as both some drivers are impact and will not be suitable as a drilling machine.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 07:58:29 am by G7PSK »

Offline helius

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 07:56:00 am »
That web site seems to be hacked: the pages on individual tools have spammed links for abortion pills.

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 08:03:42 am »
I have the DB3DL2 for use as an 'electronic' electric driver, works well in that role but it would be useless as a drill.
I would aways get lithium, NiCad useless with battery self discharge and memory.
Whoah! Watch where that landed we might need it later.

Offline HackedFridgeMagnet

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 08:15:29 am »
For a drill these days you may as well buy brushless. and go for the 18v.
The torque will be plenty, and it has a clutch so it is adjustable for screwing tapping straight into metal and wood.
But these are probably too heavy for pcb screws.

For a driver for pcbs you want the lightest possible driver.
I have a little Bosch one.

If you want both that is harder, get the lightest drill possible with adjustable torque.

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 11:42:55 am »
This is what I use:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-TEK4-4-Volt-Screwdriver-HP53LK/202351930?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cBase&gclid=CjwKEAjwhbCrBRCO7-e7vuXqiT4SJAB2B5u7SVYyHAtg3mQnIuFZvnm3fVShhfuBxBmti8AqB9W-wxoCQfXw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

4 volt, Li-Ion and has an adjustable clutch.  This is only a screwdriver but it is small and can get into smaller places.  I use my big Ryobi for drilling and the small for screwing.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 12:39:55 pm »
That web site seems to be hacked: the pages on individual tools have spammed links for abortion pills.
you should not tell people that your pc is being hacked/spammed and you are one of the potential abortion pills customer/viewer.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline helius

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 10:00:01 pm »
Hi, it is not my PC that is being hacked or spammed.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:JB4YG1UcwekJ:www.hitachi-koki.in/Product_Details.aspx%3FModelID%3D102
these links appear in Google's cache of the site.

Offline EEVadityaTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 03:19:55 pm »
For a drill these days you may as well buy brushless. and go for the 18v.
The torque will be plenty, and it has a clutch so it is adjustable for screwing tapping straight into metal and wood.
But these are probably too heavy for pcb screws.

For a driver for pcbs you want the lightest possible driver.
I have a little Bosch one.

If you want both that is harder, get the lightest drill possible with adjustable torque.

Please specify the BOSCH Model which you have got.

Offline nukie

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2015, 11:30:14 am »
You mention torque setting, have you notice that most of the powertools clutch setting is numbered 1-X where X is the max. But none of them have marking for Nm or footpounds or measurement because the clutch is not calibrated and it is not repeatable.

If you are looking for something to torque screws correctly you should be looking at the Bosch Exact production screwdrivers. These tools are widely used in the Automotive industry and they are precise tools for fastening.

Link below may not open correctly on mobile platform. Use a desktop.

http://www.boschproductiontools.com/com/en/iwocs/exact-production-cordless-screwdrivers-wrenches-2478882-ocs-c/
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 11:31:55 am by nukie »

Offline shanky887614

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 03:00:57 pm »
dont touch hitachi, there are a lot of pictures on facebook where the handle has snapped.

the makita 458 is a good drill and not too pricy (shop around, i picked it up fir £75 body only)

or go for a cheaper one and if you decide you want more power batteries from 5 years ago work on the current lineup (453 is not bad and cheap but low on torque if your drilling a lot of wood)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf