Author Topic: HP 54502A - nearly vintage digitizing scope  (Read 37354 times)

Offline Ijaz

• Contributor
Re: HP 54502A - nearly vintage digitizing scope
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2016, 06:58:10 am »
Hats off to MetraCollector for such an informative post. I have just picked an HP54503A and it is giving exact same errors. I will try to fix it on the same steps as mentioned in the first post.

Sorry about bringing up an old thread but it was such a nice info that I could not resist paying thanks to MetraCollector.

On mine, Dallas is already an issue but on calibration, it gives following results. After calibration, Ch3 and Ch4 work but Ch1 and Ch2 don't. Any thoughts / advice what to do next ?

Offline Smith

• Frequent Contributor
Re: HP 54502A - nearly vintage digitizing scope
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2016, 03:10:08 pm »
Have you tried giving an half an hour to properly heat up? Mine will NEVER pass selftest within an half hour.

Besides that you can check the inputs for dust (these things collect dust), and adjust the PSU and a couple of potentiometers on the main board.

Forgot to ask, do all inputs work? Of course the inputs can be bad (it can go bad in many ways).  I had a bad input on my 54502A too when i got it, just replaced it with a brand new input module. Too bad I never checked what selftest errors it gave with the bad module.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 06:26:53 am by Smith »
Trying is the first step towards failure

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf