Author Topic: Jabe UD-1200 Soldering station nice JBC clone  (Read 32736 times)

Offline mmbeddedTopic starter

Jabe UD-1200 Soldering station nice JBC clone
« on: March 22, 2019, 04:40:46 pm »
Hi everyone

This is my first post, so forgive me any mistakes  :)
A few weeks ago I decided to buy soldering station, because my old one did not meet my expectations.
I have JBC CD-2E station at work, so I was looking something with removable and cheap tips, because that is important for me. I came across Jabe UD-1200 which I found on Aliexpress and it looks almost identical as JBC I have at work. It was 200 US$ delivered, so not particularly cheap but I decided to order it and check it out.
To my surprise, it turned out very well made. In box you find mains cable, handle, 3 tips, instruction, electrostatic discharge wire and station.
Unfortunately it has only Chinese menu and you can't change it, but to be honest it is not big deal, you can always use instruction and base on that figure out what particular position in menu means. LCD itself is not so bright and in JBC LCD looks much better, but it is not that important for me.
Tips also looks solid and good quality. Tips come very tight to handle and you need use a lot of force to remove it. You can buy Knoko C245 tips on aliexpress for 10$ which should be just fine as replacement.
As for the temperature of the tip, after pulling handle from station, it reaches it super very quickly, I think even faster then JBC. Accuracy is also very good, you can also adjust it in menu.
Inside of station also looks very good quality which you can se on attached fotos. Resistance from tip to earth wire is around 1 Ohm.
For me it turns out very good decision and I hope station will meet my expectations.
What is your opinion?

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, picazzo

Offline robertson.alan@gmail.com

• Contributor
Re: Jabe UD-1200 Soldering station nice JBC clone
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 01:54:15 pm »
HI

There also this one don,t let the T12 confuse you it is a JBC clone, only issue it says it is only 75W. Not tried it.

This site also sells the one above

https://www.vipprogrammer.com/leisto-t1211-lead-free-soldering-station-mobile-phone-soldering-iron-programmer-3102?zenid=4t3ubb1fkv6idtj2i1ummqslm1

Alan

Offline robertson.alan@gmail.com

• Contributor

The following users thanked this post: martin1454

Offline martin1454

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 07:19:05 am »
HI

Below is another one with options, can go to 200W

https://www.team-ncrc.com/shop/product/soldering-station-jbc/?dil=en&utm_source=self&utm_medium=popup&utm_campaign=englishsite

Alan
Wow, and it is actually pretty cheap! - You need a PSU and solder iron besides, but you could make a pretty nice JBC station for around 150$ - Think I will try it next month!

Offline Ride the Lightning

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 11:29:48 pm »
Thanks for posting. Have you tried with other tips like those from JBC?

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 04:46:34 am »
Yes, I tried it with JBC tips and works fine.

MM
Sent from phone using Tapatalk

Offline digsys

• Supporter
    • DIGSYS
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 06:04:14 am »
Wonder if they make a DD, DI base unit clone :-)
Hello <tap> <tap> .. is this thing on?

Offline Daruosha

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 05:43:15 am »
Wonder if they make a DD, DI base unit clone :-)

Yes, The make a clone of JBC DI3000 , but for some reason their model name is DI36000.

Last month I bought one of those DI dual clones (Youyue DI3600) and it's great. I use genuine  JBC tips and it works just like a real JBC.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 08:22:22 am by Daruosha »

The following users thanked this post: LoneWolf

Offline salavat

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2019, 05:24:32 pm »
If you search on Aliexpress for those stations, you can read reviews made by real buyers. One of them mentioned that (out of actual PRO's that you have JBC compatible station):

- included tips are utter crap
- transformer smells bad
- linear transformer requires quality AC mains
-firmware is in Chinese only and is locked up (STM32 protection level 1, might be reversed but I did not bother)
- cooler fan is noisy, buzzer is annoying

DI-3000 might be different (funny enough there was JBC station model DI3000), but there are no reviews to judge.

Offline digsys

• Supporter
    • DIGSYS
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2019, 11:40:25 pm »
Good to know, thanks. I'll stay clear then.
Hello <tap> <tap> .. is this thing on?

Offline Daruosha

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2019, 04:26:07 am »
I bought a Youyue 3600 (the same one I showed on previous post). The build quality, PCB assembly transformer and safety, all are acceptable and I'm happy with my unit. Yes, the included tips are garbage,
You have to buy genuine JBC tips to expect a true JBC performance.

Measuring its power consumption, shows 180W peak and 30-35W during normal soldering.

I changed plugs on the stands as well, so I can use T245 and T210 genuine handles. Other than changing the plugs, I have no complains and I'm very happy. Highly recommended.

edit: I even tried PA1200 tweezers on my clone unit and it worked flawlessly.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 07:51:03 am by Daruosha »

The following users thanked this post: DEHiCKA, thm_w, rafscipio

Offline Zloy_Bender

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2019, 06:38:58 pm »

Maybe you tried to connect a cartridge from jabe on the original JBC station?

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2019, 07:45:51 pm »

Maybe you tried to connect a cartridge from jabe on the original JBC station?

No, I don't try that. I have no access to JBC station now.

MM
Sent from phone using Tapatalk

Offline martin1454

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2019, 10:45:07 am »
I ordered one of these today: https://www.team-ncrc.com/shop/product/soldering-station-jbc/?dil=en&utm_source=self&utm_medium=popup&utm_campaign=englishsite

Just need to buy an original T245 and try it out - will report back when i get it :)

Offline labjr

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2019, 07:55:49 pm »
HI

Below is another one with options, can go to 200W

https://www.team-ncrc.com/shop/product/soldering-station-jbc/?dil=en&utm_source=self&utm_medium=popup&utm_campaign=englishsite

Alan

Note at the bottom of the page says "Only C245 type tips supported. Especially C210 series are NOT supported."

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2019, 08:50:38 pm »
Review from SDG:

The same but is branded "Best".

Looks like tips included are garbage (conical), but are fully JBC compatible. As stated above, lots of KNOKOO branded C245 tips on aliexpress which might be good.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 08:53:31 pm by thm_w »
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

The following users thanked this post: SteveyG

Offline Jon.C

• Supporter
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2019, 03:48:41 am »

Offline labjr

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2019, 04:30:30 am »
The Chinese JBC knock-offs are too much money. They aren't the same quality as JBC stations. They should all be under $100 US. Same with the  KNOKOO DI3000 station and the Leisto T12-11. By asking over $200 US for these stations it gives some people the impression that it's a good value because they will work with some JBC tips. But it's all Chinese junk with no warranty. The performance may be close to the real thing. However, it's questionable. No certifications for safety etc. I wouldn't touch it for that price. And you still have to buy real JBC tips if you want it to actually work. And real tips are expensive.

Offline Jon.C

• Supporter
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2019, 05:33:19 am »
I think the price of welectron without taxes for Andorra is a better option for me

the station includes "incl.2 soldering tips (C245-906 1.2x0.7 mm and C245-907 2.2x1.0 mm)"

Offline labjr

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2019, 12:51:36 pm »

Probably work better than a JBC (safety wise they are probably POS though, but I have GFCI). I just discovered a few weeks ago that my JBC Nano will not work with any boards connected to my test box (a PXI box, with all cards made by Keysight and FCC certified, chassis made by NI and FCC certified, and PSU made by SilverStone and FCC certified).

The EMI from my PXI box knocks out the thermocouple readout circuitry and the JBC reads maximum temperature it can interpret (650C) and stops heating.

Which means, I can't solder anything connected to my test box with a ground loop, including scope, USB and VNA, before disconnecting the test leads.

I'm working on a JBC Nano controller clone with higher EMI compatibility. Maybe also add in support for the 250W HDE (C470).

Quality-wise all the clones are a POS. Just because you have an isolated problem with something you're doing, doesn't make the clones better.  I guarantee none of the clones have been tested or certified for anything. You may try isolating your JBC nano station if you have a ground loop issue.

Offline Jon.C

• Supporter
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2019, 01:30:40 pm »
the English version already exists

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33031757424.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.34603c006weB4l

Here you can see the display (sorry the video is in Spanish)

Offline Jane

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2019, 06:06:32 pm »
Regarding those JBC copies , is the temperature control sensor in the soldering tip itself ? (Weller tips have the sensor in the tips.) I also bought a JBC copy , looks like JBC working but the temperature control sensor is not in the tip , which is a problem.

Offline labjr

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2019, 10:26:49 pm »
Regarding those JBC copies , is the temperature control sensor in the soldering tip itself ? (Weller tips have the sensor in the tips.) I also bought a JBC copy , looks like JBC working but the temperature control sensor is not in the tip , which is a problem.

You can always use genuine JBC tips. But I would think the way JBC precisely controls the temperature is the main reason for owning a JBC station. If the clone doesn't work the same, and it probably doesn't, then what's the purpose of having a clone? And the quick temperature ramp-up with JBC and clones is probably not good for tip life and thus needs to be controlled precisely. If that's not happening then you could be eating up tips faster. Who knows with the clones? 

Offline labjr

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2019, 10:50:08 pm »

I intend to make a better clone.

The clones I was referring to are the assembled units from China.  BTW which circuit do you plan to use for your clone?

Offline labjr

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2019, 04:08:45 am »
I have a PhD in power electronics. Chances are, I will make something unique. Like a tiny inline adapter with 250w delivery capability.

Do you plan to share the design?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf