Author Topic: JVC RX-6030V Audio/Video Receiver  (Read 4981 times)

Offline KineticIsEpicTopic starter

JVC RX-6030V Audio/Video Receiver
« on: June 28, 2015, 12:31:47 am »
I found this av receiver in the garbage yesterday:

It's in pretty good shape, and so far it works like new! Only tiny problem I've found so far is that the vacuum fluorescent screen is a little bit darker in some places then the rest of the screen. I'm not going to tear it apart completely, but I had to take a look inside. Pictures aren't the best and this is my first post here, so bear with me. Without further ado, here we go:

Overview of the whole system. The boards in the back, starting from the left, are speaker output (large horizontal board behind transformer), component video (small vertical board above speaker output board), radio antenna in, composite and S-video i/o (also "AV-COMPU LINK III" and "COMPU LINK 4"), DVD 5.1 Audio in + sub out, stereo inputs, and digital in.

Here you can see the massive transformer, along with two large caps, probably filtering the input.

These are the main amp boards for the 5 channels. You can't see it too well, but each one has a couple transformers attached to the large passive heatsink. The second and third one have a trimpot and a green LED on them. I'm going to guess the order is center channel, front left/right, rear left/right.

Here's a glimpse at the backs of some of the riser cards. The one in the bottom-right is the digital in board, and as you can see it's mostly SMT. Didn't get a shot of the board itself, unfortunately.

Lastly we have a picture taken from the left side of the unit. You can see the LEDs are on (took this picture while the unit was on!), as well as the text "Cch AMP", most likely indicating that the board is the amp for the center channel.

Offline KineticIsEpicTopic starter

Re: JVC RX-6030V Audio/Video Receiver
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 12:42:31 am »
You're probably right, it has component but no hdmi. Im using it just as a sound system anyway, so it doesn't matter. :-+  I do think a remote would have been nice, though. Btw you're on your 1999th post, do us all a favor and don't post again as that might cause nasty bugs with roll-over and whatnot  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf