Author Topic: LED Light Troubleshoot/teardown  (Read 1982 times)

Offline sonnytigerTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Life is pretty enjoyable, eh?
LED Light Troubleshoot/teardown
« on: April 08, 2014, 09:57:32 pm »

It's rather interesting, though I think mostly a gimmick. I would be surprised if it was as efficient as a fluorescent fixture.
Thanks for any answers to questions!

Online mariush

• Super Contributor
Re: LED Light Troubleshoot/teardown
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 10:46:47 pm »
That DIP chip is (i think) a Viper from ST , probably used to generate 5v or something like that for the mcu, eeprom etc .. The capacitor by the transformer is bad (you can see the top is swollen), so the output voltage is not stable, which can screw up with the controller and other parts.

The other side of the board is just a plain 100-240v -> 50v and then you have on the other side a LED driver which is controlled through pwm by the microcontroller.

Offline sonnytigerTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Life is pretty enjoyable, eh?
Re: LED Light Troubleshoot/teardown
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 12:07:51 pm »
That DIP chip is (i think) a Viper from ST , probably used to generate 5v or something like that for the mcu, eeprom etc .. The capacitor by the transformer is bad (you can see the top is swollen), so the output voltage is not stable, which can screw up with the controller and other parts.

The other side of the board is just a plain 100-240v -> 50v and then you have on the other side a LED driver which is controlled through pwm by the microcontroller.

A OK cool, really I didn't notice, nice! I would like to use the light so that's good to know. Nice, so it is very simple really, I appreciate the explanation.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf