Author Topic: Matrix Mini PC_TBS 2910 vs Raspberry Pi for XBMC  (Read 2338 times)

Offline raymond2000Topic starter

• Contributor
Matrix Mini PC_TBS 2910 vs Raspberry Pi for XBMC
« on: September 06, 2014, 11:35:01 am »
hi everyone

came across this product on the net (Matrix Mini PC_TBS 2910), i wonder if anyone from the forum had a chance to try it or had a look at it,

was looking for Raspberry Pi for XBMC , but this product seem to do a similar job for (HTPC, media center project)
is it any good for performance compared to the PI , i know the PI been around and have a good support...

Thank you   :-+

details:
matrix MiNi PC TBS 2910
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=matrix+min+pc&_from=R40|R40&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xtbs+2910&_nkw=tbs+2910&_sacat=0] eBay link:Matrix PC[/url]
eBay link: Raspberry Pi for XBMC

Offline The1

• Contributor
Re: Matrix Mini PC_TBS 2910 vs Raspberry Pi for XBMC
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 11:48:54 am »
im currently using the PI 512mb version with mediatomb on RASPBIAN with a USB to SATA adapter and 1TB 2.5" drive, powered off a USB port on a power board, 2amp socket, have ethernet plugged in and it has no issues streaming 1080p to my TV. I SSH into the box to admin it over lan. SMB Share setup to the exteral drive to upload data from my pc's.

Offline jinzo

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 11:57:08 am »
The Matrix TBS is way more powerful in terms of raw power. The i.MX6 quad core with 2GB of ram will make laps around RPi (but to be fair, it's more expensive too).
Also the Freescale i.MX6 has quite good linux/open source support (probably the best in current SoC market) and the company behind Matrix TBS is quite well known in the tuner/receiver business (so I guess they know what they're doing).
So I would go with the TBS even with the price (I am/was actually looking around for boards like that, and the TBS with miniPCIe and their tuners looks like a great match).

Offline The1

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 12:19:47 pm »
to be honest i bought my PI way back when they came out. If i was to do a home theatre pc now i would buy a NUC, cheap and all the power of a home pc.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf