Author Topic: MEL AUS seek Xytronic heater element 79-210012 for soldering handpiece SIA100KT  (Read 9139 times)

Offline pfrcomTopic starter

• Contributor
I'm seeking vendor who is willing to deal with Australia, for Xytronic heater element 79-210012 in soldering handpiece SIA100KT

Looks like attached, borrowed from http://ndn.com.pl/akcesoria/3034-grzalka-79-210012.html

Unfortunately that Polish vendor won't deliver to Australia - I've asked - and xytronic.com.pl is theirs also  |O

RapidOnline suggested 79-210012U, suffix of which suggests it's an updated version, suitable for 210ESD handpiece  :--

And Howard Electronic Instruments didn't respond to my enquiry  >:(

• Contributor
It seems I'm SOL then  |O

Offline continuo

• Frequent Contributor
Well, you could ask www.reichelt.de if they could source it for you. They sell alot of Xytronics stuff (Soldering stations and spare parts) and also ship to Australia. The shipping costs will be massiv though...  :P

• Contributor
you could ask www.reichelt.de if they could source it for you

Thanks - I think I managed to get an (unsuitable) 79-210012U element into their shopping cart as a test, then changed destination to Australia, to find shipping charges would be around 27.5 Euro - at that total price, wouldn't waste their time with a question

• Contributor
What model soldering station are we talking about here?

It is an Altronics T2380 - and Altronics advise spare part is not available until November  :o

And to best of my searching ability, a DSE T2260 heating element is unobtainium unless you count

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Soldering-Iron-Station-HEATING-ELEMENT-for-Dick-Smith-DSE-T2000-T2260-sydney-/151500172865

which is a 60W element

• Contributor
But not if spare parts cost a fortune

Altronics quoted spare part as $39  :(

The station only cost $99

Not what I paid, refer attachment, although I did get one at their 5+ price

The only other thing I can suggest is going directly to Xytronic in Taiwan and asking them.

I have done that - got two replies

First was usual brush-off, saying "You have to get them from where you getting your soldering station ? Due to this model had been specially made for them !"

Second gave me Altronics URL, and quoted same part no. (T-2380A) as Altronics prior response

Interesting that Xytronic knew SIA100KT handpiece belonged to Altronics - implies to me that Xytronic may have used different handpiece for DSE ???

• Contributor
Where on the handle is the part number?

Has a label, refer first attached

I found a page from Silicon Chip with the Ad from when I bought mine

Aargh, wish I'd seen that ad  :'(

Mine has a 7 pin connector

So does mine - I think there's an alternative, later model, handpiece called 210ESD, refer attached - perhaps DSE used that ?

On the exterior of the heater barrel after removing the tip retaining sleeve is the engraved letters 8BHA and that is about all I can see.

Mine just has 32V100W embossed on the heater element, visible after taking off the retaining nut, sleeve & soldering tip

Is that $39 just for the heater element or for the handle as a complete unit?

I presume element assembly as distinct from element itself, but won't know until Altronics can supply the part

Element assembly, refer last attached, is removed by undoing three self tapping screws from the front of the handpiece, and a cable locking grub screw from the rear (just to right of label in first pic)

Element itself has four wires going to PCB, at points labelled S+ (black), S- (green), H1 (white) & H2 (red), which I presume are Sensor & Heater respectively - there's also a yellow (Earth ?) wire soldered to the round PCB attached to the element itself
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 02:41:13 am by pfrcom »

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
Now you know why the Hakko 936 clones are so popular... the "plate style" metal heaters have basically been obsoleted by the thin round ceramic ones. You can find those everywhere.

That 210ESD looks like one though; in fact the Atten 936 clone iron uses the same 7-pin connector (not sure if pinout and heater/sensor are the same). Given that Xytronic also have a "852D" hot air station, I wonder if they're just rebranding the typical Chinese products...

• Contributor
My handle looks identical to the 210ESD

210ESD is the handpiece most Xytronic vendors say is for LF-1000

Heater element for 210ESD is 79-210012U which seems readily available on the Internet and, judging by suffix, is an updated version of the one I need

I guess Altronics made a bigger profit by getting an older model handpiece - not to mention having by the short & curlies someone needing spare parts  >:(

I too asked DSE if they could supply a heater element, but now think the question should have been complete handpiece
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 09:07:56 am by pfrcom »

• Contributor
I sent an email to DSE to see if spares are available. Only on the basis that I don't want to die wondering. Not expecting much.

I finally got around to dropping into my local DSE today, to ask about getting a replacement iron for their T2260 soldering station

The shop assistant asked how old it was, and when told it was a 2010 model, got a pitying look on his face and said anything older than 2 years is unlikely to have any spare parts  :o

Maybe Altronics aren't so bad after all - if they do manage to cough up a spare part  :-\

• Contributor
Decided I'd post a follow-up

I went to Altronics Springvale store back in September, and placed on back-order a heating element for the SIA100KT handpiece (priced at $39aud)

November came and went without contact from them, so I thought stuff Altronics and bought a 210ESD handpiece assembly from Vetco USA for $120aud delivered

It arrived fairly promptly, connected to the T2380 station without a problem, and melted solder

And Australia retailers have the gall to complain about online competition  :P

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf