Author Topic: Monoprice Mini Select 3D printer. My first review video  (Read 1724 times)

Offline calexanianTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Alex-Tronix
Monoprice Mini Select 3D printer. My first review video
« on: September 20, 2016, 04:04:17 am »
Here is my very first review video. Let me know what you think. It's the Monoprice $199 3D printer. I made a mistake where I say hex head screw. I meant flat head hex screw. May the hardware gods forgive me. Also where I say source files I should have said model files. Oh well. First time.  The downward bench view is what I am thinking about using for other videos. There is a big glare in the middle which I am trying to get rid of. I may need to change my lighting.

https://youtu.be/2E75UFYBtvM
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 04:13:19 am by calexanian »
Charles Alexanian
Alex-Tronix Control Systems

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline calexanianTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Alex-Tronix
Re: Monoprice Mini Select 3D printer. My first review video
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 08:56:02 pm »
Uh oh. I get the feeling nobody liked it.  |O
Charles Alexanian
Alex-Tronix Control Systems

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 04:01:02 am »
its nice but the problem is 120mm cube is too limiting. 60degC bed max temp also make it less ideal for ABS printing. as mechanically inclined i am, i still find my 3d printer rated similar to the "Maker Select" 200mm dimension is still limiting my creativity :P, the problem is once it break that print dimension, the price go boom several magnitude higher. $199 price is fair though for the 120mm cube Monoprice, for really tight budget purpose. the FW GUI is nice but very little functionality from your review, the Marlin OSHW GUI, albeit 20x4 textual only interface, provides much more functionalities such as preheat bed, nozzle or both, for both PLA and ABS setting, auto zero home, release stepper etc. i've modded the menu for my own purpose. fwiw..

Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 05:43:06 am »
Haven't watched your video yet but I have had one of these printers for a few months now. If you haven't updated the firmware do so right away - the wifi support is great and it even has a little web interface to upload files and start/monitor prints. No need to even touch a button on the printer itself.
VE7FM

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf