Author Topic: Old JBC repair station  (Read 4920 times)

Offline korneoTopic starter

Old JBC repair station
« on: November 16, 2017, 06:52:47 pm »
Dear eev blog,

This is my first post so feel free to note me if have broken any rules or something like that.

I recently bought this very old yellow jbc repair station, which includes a vacuum desolder iron and a solder iron, i think its a pretty nice station.
Now im missing some parts of the solder iron, which is probably the tip module or something, and im wondering if anybody knows if i can maybe buy a replacement part somewhere or maybe if it is compatible with newer jbc heater elements.
I was also interested in people who know this tool and maybe have some experience with it, because it is pretty old(80s) and i can barely find any info of it on the internet, except on some spanish sites or something, so i guess it is a pretty rare station.
Anyways let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 07:01:10 pm by korneo »

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
Re: Old JBC repair station
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 07:21:16 pm »
Better, more detailed photos of the iron would be helpful.

Given what I can see, I suspect it's a pre-cartridge tip design. So it may actually be able to take the type of tips they use on their Classic line of irons (thinking the ones that fit the 30ST/40ST/SL2020 might fit).

BTW, have you checked to see if both heat up?

The following users thanked this post: korneo

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 07:59:54 pm »
Thanks for your fast response!

I tested both irons and they heat up really fast, atleast faster than that ayoue crap i am used to.
I added some detailed photo's to this reply.

Thanks

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 08:03:15 pm »
Some more photo's

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 08:44:40 pm »
Definitely not a cartridge tip system then.

I'd suggest contacting JBC to verify, but I really do think the tips for the ST30/ST40/SL2020 would fit it. Worst case, you'd have to get one and see if it will fit (bit of a gamble, but not an expensive one).

Offline woody

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 09:13:09 pm »
I used to own the desoldering part of this station as a separate unit. It drove me into the curtains every time I tried to use it and put me off the JBC brand for years. Which was a mistake, for now they make very good equipment.

The current JBC soldering irons use a cartridge system that have the heater, temp sensor and the tip combined in one small piece of metal. The handle is just the 'connector' in which that cartridge plugs. Bloody expensive system for every different tip has its own heater/sensor,  but worth it IMO.

The iron you have has the heater and temp sensor in the handle. The tip is an extra piece of metal that sits on top of the heater element. I doubt that JBC still makes them, but you can always ask. In Holland PrintTec and Eleshop carry JBC, maybe they can find out more.

Offline rscpro

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 02:29:46 am »
Hello Korneo, if you have not been able to restore the welder, I am interested in buying the hand welders without the station, that is, the soldering iron and the desoldering iron complete with cable. You can unplug the equipment have terminals with colored wires.
I have an equal and I would like to recycle it, thanks and regards

Offline dekeet333@hotmail.com

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2018, 04:08:19 pm »
old post
it is part nr jbc 0300905 = JBC  R-10D

Offline diegooo1972

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2020, 11:17:41 am »
Someone have an idea how to find the complete iron code for this repair station ? I Have this one too.
Or maybe the schematic of this station.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf