Author Topic: Quick 861DW on ebay--fake?  (Read 8642 times)

Offline bob jacksonTopic starter

• Contributor
Quick 861DW on ebay--fake?
« on: May 05, 2018, 10:36:50 pm »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/861DW-Quick-Soldering-861DW-1000W-Digital-Hot-Air-Gun-Rework-Station-Machine-US/263468397272?hash=item3d57f0b2d8:g:XR8AAOSwcN1acV7Z

$159 seems too good to be true.  The cheapest price elsewhere is around $275.  Are there known fakes out there?  What do you think?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 10:48:52 pm by bob jackson »

Offline gamalot

• Super Contributor
  • Correct my English
    • Youtube
Re: Quick 861DW--Are these fake?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 10:46:20 pm »
YES, IT'S FAKE, DON'T BUY!

« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 10:55:05 pm by gamalot »

• Contributor
Re: Quick 861DW on ebay--fake?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 11:05:27 pm »
Ok thanks I figured.

Offline glarsson

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 09:22:44 am »
The "REWORK STATIOM" text on the back label is a nice indicator of low quality.

Offline bitwelder

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 01:23:02 pm »
What the heck is the 'brand'? "HVIKKO" written with a Hakko-like font?

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 01:56:59 pm »
The "REWORK STATIOM" text on the back label is a nice indicator of low quality.
:-DD I missed that.  They don't put much effort into it do they.

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2018, 02:08:49 pm »
Label on the back states 8A fuse for 110V version. It's not possible to consume 1kW without current exceeding the fuse rating.  Even my real 230V version has 10A fuse. Also real station has separate tool stand, not holder attached to the case. I would guess this sort of crap would be similar to 858D stations in power/performance.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2018, 07:38:40 pm »
Here's another label: PPD Woneng 1000W PPD 861D Plus Hot Air Rework Station. Looks like a mix-n-match between bits of an 861DW and a 957D cosmetically speaking.

FWIW, a genuine US version is fitted with a 15A fuse. So it's probably really around 500W.

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2018, 08:04:36 pm »
This sort of crap does not even make sense. For 2/3 of the price of this knockoff you can buy a genuine Quick 957DW+. Which most likely will exceed it in performance.

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2018, 12:34:17 pm »
This sort of crap does not even make sense. For 2/3 of the price of this knockoff you can buy a genuine Quick 957DW+. Which most likely will exceed it in performance.

SWMBO got me one for Christmas and it works much better than the Yihua 858D that I have. :-+ :-+  I just wish that the hose was a little more flexible.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline Acecool

• Regular Contributor
  • -Acecool
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2018, 05:08:22 pm »
The Zeny 853D I purchased was like $70 or so... if I recall correctly - I'll see if I can find the amount...

I was low on funds then and I needed something which wasn't the cheap hand held non-adjustable soldering irons... You remember the ones which took MINUTES to heat up, and then you heat a wire and the wire sucks up the heat before the iron can regenerate you you can to hold them together for MINUTES before the temperature between the wire and the iron equalizes so solder actually flows onto the wire..... They were so bad...

Anyway, mine heats up in seconds to max temp and it ready to solder a few seconds after ( after heat transfers through to tip - one thing I don't like is the tips have too much air around the ceramic heater element which causes a breakdown in heat transfer... I did get 2 tips from Radioshack which are much better quality and they hold heat much better so the issue is in the tips, not the unit )...

The heat gun attachment is really nice too - and it also generates power up to 15V 1A... Super useful... It's better than nothing and if I were to buy something similar from a brand it'd probably be $300 easily...

I've build PCBs with it, and it has given me years of reliable service... I even modified mine - normally the heat gun is attached 24/7 but I bought the same type of plug the soldering wand / iron uses with the appropriate number of pins and I cut the wire, and soldered the wires to the pins inside the plug and now I can remove the heater... Which is actually a good thing now because it gets in the way and the holster for the heater is terrible so it'd always fall or get in the way... now I can plug it in when I actually need it ( and I'm going to experiment with other wants, and thing such as vacuum solder guns etc when I get a wiring diagram together, and other wands which use different tip types )....

If I recall correctly, there were reviews on it ( under different names but 853D ) and it performed quite well which is one of the reasons I bought it... And it was inexpensive... And brand-name units performed similarly or only negligibly better so 1 second in heatup or whatever.... but again - the issue with this unit is the poor quality tips which come with it - the rest seems great...

I have no trouble putting together PCBs from scratch using soldering paste with the heat-gun, or soldering the boards using the iron / wand from scratch and it never loses heat after it initially heats up and bridges the gap... at least, it hasn't yet...
Just because it works, doesn't make it right -Josh 'Acecool' Moser

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2018, 05:28:38 pm »
The Zeny 853D I purchased was like $70 or so... if I recall correctly - I'll see if I can find the amount...
It's just yet another cheap station. Not better than $40 858D. Just comes with crappy PSU and crappy soldering iron.
It's better than nothing and if I were to buy something similar from a brand it'd probably be $300 easily...
Quick 957DW+ for $100 is much better than something like this.

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2019, 07:54:16 pm »
What?? this might not be a real quick?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Quick-861DW-Lead-Free-Hot-Air-Soldering-Station-Intelligent-Digital-K9M1/264530557220?epid=27034242601&hash=item3d973ff924:g:0UkAAOSwZ15dym38

Considering the real one actually says Quick on it, I would say it's not real.  Unless of course, you're being sarcastic. ;D
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf