Author Topic: Quick 861DW  (Read 2692 times)

Offline LEENOTopic starter

• Contributor
Quick 861DW
« on: January 10, 2018, 03:04:05 pm »
hi
i buyed quick 861dw from aliexpress,
when i power it on, light from desk led lamp vibrate,
if i disconnect quick 861dw station and connect vacuum 2000w at the same source, light not vibrate.
What i have to check?

Online wraper

• Supporter
Re: Quick 861DW
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 03:14:34 pm »
There is nothing wrong with your quick. All that happens is that your mains voltage sags when heater is turned on for short moments of time to keep the set temperature.
vacuum 2000w at the same source, light not vibrate.
It just becomes more dim constantly as there is constant power consumption, not fluctuating.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:17:24 pm by wraper »

Offline sn4k3

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 01:23:54 am »
It's normal, does that to almost everybody including me.
You can use LED Lights, they will not flicker

Offline LEENOTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 04:12:33 am »
I use led light, i even added capacitor to led light but it still flick
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 04:26:54 am by LEENO »

Offline sn4k3

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 07:37:26 pm »
I use led light, i even added capacitor to led light but it still flick

Well LED can flicker if the psu design sucks, i have 4 LED tubes on my room, only the yellow flicker a bit, not much still i fixed with a capacitor. All my other white leds are good by default.
I test the flicker with my smarphone camera, best way to see if theres any flicker at all

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 04:01:50 pm »
Not true.

My LED strips were originally powered by an SMPS, and still flickered when the Quick was running. Switched them over to a linear supply, and problem solved in that case.  :phew:

Unfortunately, LED or CCFL bulbs that screw into a socket still flicker. They are on the same circuit as the Quick, but this can't be changed without major renovation (i.e. cutting interior side of the wall due to fire blocks  |O).

Fortunately, the LED strips are my primary source of lighting on the bench so it's livable ATM. I may end up having to crack open the LED spot light I have in a swing arm lamp and correct the problem (just concerned I'll stuff a decent bulb).

Offline sn4k3

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 05:48:57 pm »
Not true.

My LED strips were originally powered by an SMPS, and still flickered when the Quick was running. Switched them over to a linear supply, and problem solved in that case.  :phew:

Unfortunately, LED or CCFL bulbs that screw into a socket still flicker. They are on the same circuit as the Quick, but this can't be changed without major renovation (i.e. cutting interior side of the wall due to fire blocks  |O).

Fortunately, the LED strips are my primary source of lighting on the bench so it's livable ATM. I may end up having to crack open the LED spot light I have in a swing arm lamp and correct the problem (just concerned I'll stuff a decent bulb).

Thats strange, i have a 3.5m led strip running from a cheap 12v SMPS PSU + 4 x 1.5m LED Tubes that i brought from China Store and reputable store (Mixed brands) +  12v 144 led ring on microscope, nothing flicker and my bench is all connected to same single power outlet... Have about 20 connected equipments and devices to the same outlet including the quick. Once i replace the CCFL tube no more flicker, all others run stable. (220V AC) LED Tubes are also connected to same outlet.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 05:50:36 pm by sn4k3 »

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 05:12:45 am »
Not true.

Thats strange, i have a 3.5m led strip running from a cheap 12v SMPS PSU + 4 x 1.5m LED Tubes that i brought from China Store and reputable store (Mixed brands) +  12v 144 led ring on microscope, nothing flicker and my bench is all connected to same single power outlet... Have about 20 connected equipments and devices to the same outlet including the quick. Once i replace the CCFL tube no more flicker, all others run stable. (220V AC) LED Tubes are also connected to same outlet.
I'd put it down to the different voltage inputs, as your's runs on 220V and mine on 110V (current draw is ~9A on a 15A GFCI*).

* Called an RCBO in Europe as I understand it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf