Author Topic: Recommendation for new eqipment (soldering station, desoldering, oscilloscope)  (Read 1997 times)

Offline aabbccTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
So I'm looking to upgrade my crappy 20 eur soldering station and am also in need of some other stuff. I’m mostly building synths (through hole compononents)

•   Soldering station, not looking to spend more then around 150 eur
-   Hakko FX88D
-   Aoyue 701A++ (this looks nice since it’s also fucntions as a desoldering station)
-   I-CON PICO

•   Desoldering station, I suck at desoldering and don’t want to further risk ruining another pcb or components, don’t really want to spend a fortune on this.

•   Osciloscope, I currently have a DIY kit;  Velleman EDO09, do I need something with more firepower? If so Batterfly.com seems to have a good deal on a RIGOL DS1054Z+a Hakko FX-88D for 415 eur

•   Transistor tester, there are a bunch cheap DIY kits on banggood that I guess will fulfil my requirement of simply getting HFE and idds readings and match transistors, which one should I chose or doesn’t it really matter?
-   https://www.banggood.com/DIY-Meter-Tester-Kit-For-Capacitance-ESR-Inductance-Resistor-NPN-PNP-p-929603.html
-   https://www.banggood.com/DIY-M12864-Graphics-Version-Transistor-Tester-Kit-LCR-ESR-PWM-With-Case-p-997023.html?rmmds=search

•   PCB holder large enough to hold  up to 50cm pcb or any other recommendation so I not constantly have to flip over the pcb and try to balance it one something while risking damaging already soldered components, not more than 50 eur.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
Please do not double post, it is simply insulting to people trying to help you and will ultimately get you banned.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf