Author Topic: Replacing Zhongdi ZD-987 iron with one of another brand  (Read 1558 times)

Offline ElectricMistTopic starter

Replacing Zhongdi ZD-987 iron with one of another brand
« on: September 07, 2017, 03:50:41 pm »
Hello,
I own a zhongdi zd-987 soldering/desoldering station. I bought it for cheap, almost new, in a second hand store and I m quite happy considering the price I paid for it.
The desoldering gun is very useful, the iron is ok, the temperature grow fast and doesn't drop too much when  I use it but the tips are very very bad. I bough some new Duratool ones from Farnell but this is the same sh**t. They wear out very quickly and don't really stick the solder. I use it for smd works, I do most of the passive work with hot air (W.E.P 858D) but I prefer to do fine pitch MCUs and other ICs with the iron.

Here is my question :
Is the station could be in way or an other compatible with an iron of another brand ? The iron is 24v and I found on eBay some cheap 24v irons (for Atten or Aoyue station) compatible with Hakko tips. Is there a way to adapt these (or a Weller wp80 - not cheap but I really like this one) on a Zhongdi station ? What about the wiring of the heater, the temperature controller, calibration ?
I tried to contact Zhongdi for a schematic and a wiring diagram of the iron jack, with no luck.
I Hope someone could help,
Cheers
Guillaume

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf