Author Topic: Stag Orbit 48 Eprom Programmer Software Upgrade  (Read 1697 times)

Offline znac049Topic starter

Stag Orbit 48 Eprom Programmer Software Upgrade
« on: August 14, 2017, 07:55:47 am »
Hi,

I have a Stag Orbit 48 Eprom Programmer. I want to burn some old TMS2516 Eproms but it turns out I need a newer version of the programmer software than I have - I have version 12.0 and support for the 2516 was added in version 24. I've Googled unsuccessfully and contact a guy who has a couple of pages dedicated to this device but with no luck.

Does anyone have, or know where I can find, a version 24 or newer software update for the Stag? I have the Windows software (StagCom+) running happily on my Win7 Pro 64-bit all ready to update the programmer as soon as I can find the software update file.

Thanks for reading :)
-Bob

Offline neslekkim

• Super Contributor
Re: Stag Orbit 48 Eprom Programmer Software Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 11:34:06 am »

Offline znac049Topic starter

Re: Stag Orbit 48 Eprom Programmer Software Upgrade
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 05:51:14 pm »
Sadly no. That's just a file that allows client software to map human readable device info into device codes understood by the programmer. However, that file is for a much later revision of the programmer firmware (29.00) than the one I have (12.0). It's very tantalising because I can see my target device listed.

If I attempt to perform a programmer update from the StagCom+ windows client, I get told to browse to the folder containing the "Update Files" (plural). When I pick an empty folder just to see what happens, I get a cannot locate file "FLASH119.SBN". I don't know if that's the only file I need or if its just the first of several. At least that's another clue...

-Bob

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf