Author Topic: Teardown: Fuji 48V 40A PSU  (Read 1644 times)

Offline NiHaoMikeTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • "Don't turn it on - Take it apart!"
    • Facebook Page
Teardown: Fuji 48V 40A PSU
« on: November 30, 2016, 07:23:34 am »
Recently, I got a Fuji 48V, 40A PSU (telecom "rectifier") for basically scrap value (about $15). As usual, I did a teardown to learn about what's inside. It certainly looks impressive as you might expect, with a resonant full bridge design. To power it on, connect the short pin in the output connector with the two pins directly below it.

As for uses, the most obvious would be a high power audio amplifier. With about 2kW continuous, any amplifier that can even begin to challenge that PSU would likely be overkill for even a high end home theater. Another good use could be a fast charger for a DIY hybrid bicycle or electric riding mower.
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Cryptocurrency lesson 0: Altcoins and Bitcoin are not the same thing.

Offline ElektroQuark

• Supporter
    • ElektroQuark
Re: Teardown: Fuji 48V 40A PSU
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 07:48:31 am »
Hi NiHaoMike,

Is the link to the teardown missing or you will post it here?

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
Re: Teardown: Fuji 48V 40A PSU
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 08:07:37 am »
As for uses, the most obvious would be a high power audio amplifier. With about 2kW continuous, any amplifier that can even begin to challenge that PSU would likely be overkill for even a high end home theater. Another good use could be a fast charger for a DIY hybrid bicycle or electric riding mower.

RF amplifier, a set of VRF2933's could produce ~800W output with that running them.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf