Author Topic: Casio FX-9860GIII Awesome product!  (Read 1429 times)

Online DiTBhoTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Casio FX-9860GIII Awesome product!
« on: December 07, 2020, 05:54:17 pm »

I owned a very old FX-7500G and when I told it to a dude in Estonia, he sent me one of these new calculator, so I spent the last two days exploring all the new features, and found this calculator is simply awesome!

Really! I love the Eng display, which is able to both accept and returns values in engineering notation rather than scientific notation, it's up to your choice and it's very easy and fast to set up.

I also love the new Spreadsheet capability that accepts data from the graph-plot module, as well as from the table-module.

A new incredible feature is the MicroPython module! At the moment is limited, and there are only two packages you can import, math and random, there is no sys, machine, uos, or anything other useful modules, and there's no access to the screen other than REPL text characters so no graphics from μPy, but things promise very well for the near future.

CASIO has already promised new up-gradable features and a new SDK for this calculator, so the final user will be able to create custom applications in C/C++.

I used the keyboard, which is fantastic, but it's also easier to connect the calculator to your PC, create the file on your PC, and ship it over the USB cable. Program files are limited to 300 lines each of max. 255 chars.

Very well done, I love my new calculator  :D
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow

Online DiTBhoTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Casio FX-9860GIII Awesome product!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 01:41:50 pm »
Has anyone already played with CASIO uPython?
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf