Author Topic: Ultrasonic rodent/animal scarer  (Read 12397 times)

Offline HwAoRrDkTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Ultrasonic rodent/animal scarer
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2017, 05:40:57 pm »
Hi, when checking the schematic with the image of the original PCB, it seems to me that the PIR connections are not correct, having to be changed 1 by 2, 2 by 3, 3 by 4 and 4 by 1, besides the resistor R8 does not connect to the pin 5 of U2, should be connected to Q1 base.
Can you please tell me if what I indicate is correct?.

Are you referring to the pinout in the datasheet PDF for the PIR sensor I posted earlier? If so, I can see how you might think that - but, no, for two reasons. Firstly, the pinout in the datasheet - despite not being labelled so - is bottom view. So when viewed from the top, it's mirrored, with ONTIME on the left and REL on the right. In addition to that, when laying out my PCB I was lazy and used an existing pattern/footprint for a TO-39-4, which had pin 1 marked at the 9-o'clock position, not the 12-o'clock position, and assigned the pins correctly according to the locating tab, not the numbers.

So, what I have is correct (it works) but doesn't match the datasheet by numbers.

I see I did get the order of R8 and R7 mixed up. The R8 pull-down does indeed come after the R7 series resistor. No matter, it's functionally the same either way. :)

Do you have the code for the PIC?

No. I wasn't concerned with getting the code off the existing chip. And it was only an educated guess that it's a PIC. I don't really know for sure.

Online Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2017, 07:24:44 pm »
Why not post your AVR code?

Offline ivan747

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2017, 04:19:49 pm »
Does that mean he has a reason to buy a $1000 frequency analyzer?   What the heck,  any reason is a good reason!!  :-+

You bet it!

Offline aries

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2017, 07:03:20 pm »
Excuse me by insist, but R8 should go since base to emitter of Q1, and R7 should go since pin 5 of U2 to the base of Q1.

Offline aries

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2018, 05:46:02 pm »
Hello
Please, you could share your AVR code?

Thanks.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf