Author Topic: Ultrawave Hygea 1250 Pro ultrasonic cleaner - Frasers latest purchase :)  (Read 9968 times)

Offline ar__systems

• Frequent Contributor
I will be using a quality cleaning fluid in the Hygea. My fluid of choice is an Allendale product designed for PCB cleaning.

http://www.pcb-soldering.co.uk/flux-remover-ultrasonic-solution-5-litre.html

£20 for 5L and it is mixed in the ratio 1:10 so makes 50 Litres of cleaning fluid  :)

Fraser
How do you dispose of it?

Online FraserTopic starter

• Super Contributor
I am in the UK.

My local refuse centre accepts it provided it is in a sealed container. They also accept petrol and other nasty fluids you cannot tip down the drain.

I contacted my local council and they kindly advised me which refuse collection centre accepts such chemicals.

Some people poor such fluids down the sink, toilet or storm drain. I prefer to go to the refuse centre just to be sure I do not cause any pollution problems.

The supplier of such chemicals will often have guidance on the correct disposal process as well.

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline MickVA

Hi, just got one like you. My one have busted micro controller. Thinking about repair or substitute with arduino. Now is driven temporarly by siemens logo for time and automatic fluid exchange/ rinse cycle. Can you help me to determine function of blue wire to gen pcb? As well on the pcb , nearby connector for blue wire are soldered two pins with marking A and B. I m pretty curious function of them to but with dead oscilloscope i cant probe them :-[

Online FraserTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Hiya,

Sorry to hear your unit has a dead Micro.

It is a long time since I was inside the unit but from memory the Generator PCB needs a control input from the micro PCB. I never checked what was on the control wire but I would expect it to be either a simple on/off level or possibly the oscillation frequency signal as this Ultrasonic Bath uses a swept frequency. The Micro could easily create a nice swept frequency signal to control the transducer drives. If it is a simp,e on/off signal, the Ultrasonic Generator would need its own swept frequency signal generator.

Sorry I cannot be of more help. I do not have access to the unit at the moment and really do not fancy draining it and opening her up again any time soon.

P.S. Do make sure the Micro is definitely the problem, moisture can get into the Micro PCB area and cause issues.

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline T i m

Hi all,

I too have a Hygea Ultrawave 2 (1250VP) that was given to me a while back and I've just got round to seeing if it works (because I want to use it). ;-)

From memory the display was very weak / dim (and probably why I was given it) but I remember being told it 'works' but I wasn't given an instruction manual for it to be able to even see what buttons I might need to press in what order? ;-(

So, could some kind soul point me to an online manual or a copy of the page(s) that might get me going please (sufficiently to see if it's working or not).

If it is working but the display not fixable, there is a display on eBay or as already mentioned, I might be able to use an Arduino to control it?

All the best and thanks for your time etc.

Cheers, T i m
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 09:59:51 pm by T i m »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf