Author Topic: Wank Teardown (Cellphone EMF Detector)  (Read 1720 times)

Offline CyberdragonTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Wank Teardown (Cellphone EMF Detector)
« on: October 18, 2016, 01:27:04 am »
Bought a box with a small emergency flashlight radio...and this turd for a dollar at a junk auction. :palm:

It's called the Cell Sensor and on the box is a bunch of wank about cell phones causing cancer and :bullshit:. It flashes red lights and goes *beepity-beep* The manual is missing, but one does not need a manual to operate :bullshit:.

Forgot to get pre-destruction pics but oh well, you can easily find those online. What you really want to see is the inside.

I was expecting a COB, but it's all through-hole, so there are alot more components than I was expecting. Two chips and two transistors. There is an antenna trace at the top and the probe thing is connected. So it's not entirely fake, it is a real feild strength meter, it's just a really shitty one. I doubt it will pick up cell phone frequencies though, the first stage is a glass germanium diode detector. :-DD

To make this more interesting, let's play a guessing game. The parts inside are hilarious.

What are the two chips? They are both the same, but from different manufacturers. :-DD

Hint: the two transistors are 9014, the chips are 14 pin.

I would not be suprised if the first guess gets it.

(Sorry for grainy pic, android camera. Not much to see anyway.)

EDIT: The probe appears to be an iron core dip meter coil as a magnet will set it off and actually stick to it. Might be useful for something.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 01:51:21 am by Cyberdragon »
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
Re: Wank Teardown (Cellphone EMF Detector)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 09:42:51 am »
Not sure what they used but if I was going to build one... LM324 for the win!

Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline CyberdragonTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Wank Teardown (Cellphone EMF Detector)
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 09:07:34 pm »
Not sure what they used but if I was going to build one... LM324 for the win!

DING DING DING DING DING We have a winner!

Yep, first guess got it.

They are both labeled as name brand (one TI and one ST), but I don't know if they are used or counterfeits. Interesting that they actually made their own custom meter, despite using the most primative circuits possible. Oddly enough, the board is double sided (for traces only). That must have cost them a few more pennies on the Shenzen market. :-DD
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 09:09:45 pm by Cyberdragon »
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf