Author Topic: Weller DXV80 or DSX80  (Read 2352 times)

Offline Sbampato12Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Weller DXV80 or DSX80
« on: October 17, 2016, 11:50:01 am »
Hi,

I've bought a WMD3 repair station used, in a very good deal. But it came with a DSX80 dessolder iron damaged. It is complete, but the "heating element" is bad. It should read 6R, but when I measure with DMM it shows 4.2R and its not isolated from the temp. sensor.

As in this solder iron isn't possible to change the heating element (you need to order basically an entire iron again), I'm thinking of buying a new one.
Anyone here used these dessoldering irons?
Any indication, preference between DSX80 and DXV80?

Thanks in advance!

Offline rbm

• Regular Contributor
Re: Weller DXV80 or DSX80
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 04:30:27 pm »
I own a WRS1001 hot air station which came with a HAP1 tool.  I wished to have a through-hole desoldering capability with my station so researched the same question as you.  Eventually, I concluded that there was no functional difference between the DS80 and DSX80. I didn't evaluate the DSV80 so I can't comment on your direct question about a prefernce for the DSX80 or DSV80.  In my case,  I purchased a DSX80 because I came across a good offer for one, not because I preferred one over the other.

As for your failing unit, it might be cost effective to see if you can find and purchase just the heating element for the iron.  Part number for the replacement head for the DSX80 (including the element) is 810 13130.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 09:31:05 pm by rbm »
- Robert

Offline Sbampato12Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Weller DXV80 or DSX80
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 04:00:37 pm »
RBM, thank you for the response.

It's very hard and pricey to get things here in Brazil. So I managed to find a good deal on a second hand (new heaters) DS80, wich I bought.

Last month I contacted one Weller reseller here in my city, but they said Weller was reestructuring and will not give answers on prices request  :-//
I'll try again next month, and may be get a replacement heater to mine first one.

On my research I found someone that told me the DXV80 you need to clean less than the DSX80 that requires more 'attention' (daily cleaning)...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf