Author Topic: Whats the difference between an 907a and 907c  (Read 5229 times)

Offline blakliteTopic starter

Whats the difference between an 907a and 907c
« on: June 14, 2016, 11:25:01 pm »
A while ago I bought myself a cheapie knock off soldering station (2 in1). I didn't realise until it came that it was even more obscure than I first thought, being called a 998D, Which I have since found to be from those good people at "HUAKKO" (Wako?). I think that there must have been  was a large shipment of these to UK sellers, as they all seem to come packed with a UK plug/transformer, and I have not seen them available in the US or elsewhere (could be wrong tho)

Anyway it has done me sterling service for what I needed it for, ie small board reworking, but recently I have noticed a small chip, broken from the ceramic heater inside of the iron, and wanted to look for a replacement wand (it has the "iny" rather than "outy" 5 pin connector of the original Hakko).
BUT..
To get a replacement, one that at least won't blow up the main unit, I see lots of cheap "907A" wands available, BUT my one has a sticker saying it is a "907C", and I cannot find any reference to such a product.

Can anyone please tell me if there is any difference? Do all of the cheap irons have the same PTC/heater arrangement? I am still saving for that JBC, but until then something practical (and cheap) would be fine.

Thanks.

Offline Arhammon

• Contributor
Re: Whats the difference between an 907a and 907c
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 03:47:51 am »
There are 2 different type heaters: with thermistor and thermocouple(round top). A1321, A1322.
I'm not sure about A1322, but i have ordered handle with this name of heater. Ebay sellers pictures show round top heater.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 03:58:55 am by Arhammon »

Offline GEuser

• Frequent Contributor
  • Is Leaving
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 04:07:35 am »
Also the heater / sensor resistance can be different between heaters .

Here is a link and if one pokes around in the other stuff the seller explains what's what .

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/907A-Solder-Soldering-Rework-Station-Iron-YIHUA-936-936C-853DA-898D-8786D-/261616226771?hash=item3ce98ad1d3

(no affiliation with the seller btw)
Soon

Offline PuterPro

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 06:24:18 pm »
{Revives a Necro post with a twinkle in his eye}
Hi All!
Don't have a chance to get around here much, but I found this post while searching for the exact same info. I have a Yihua 853D and it came with a 907C handle. It died.

Enter the circus clowns. Info on this little beast is hard to come by. Yihua has release numerous versions; the 853D+, 853D++, 853D USB, 853D USB 2A, 853D USB 3A, etc ad nauseum.

I finally got someone at the company (their service is surprisingly good for a Chinese based supplier/vendor) to explain this handle. It was used only on this machine: 853D (1A) <- It doesn't SAY that anywhere, but that's what they called it) which has a Solder / Hot Air / Power supply to 35v / 1A (surprise!). Actually relatively well built for such things.

The 907C handle is ESD rated. The differences between it and the 907A (widely used / available) is the "C" has a silicone cord and is ESD rated, otherwise they are the same.

I got mine on Ebay in '17 or '18, but it may never have been for direct US sales although it's wired for it, so ... In any case, the 907A will substitute directly or you can use the parts to fix your "C" model.

They don't carry the 907C in the US inventory and offered me a "Special price of $9.99 USD" (very reasonable) but shipping would be $30, so I declined as I'm in the process of upgrading and $40 for a backup doesn't make sense to me. Besides, I suspect the problem is a cable break which of course I could 'handle' (sorry for the pun ...  :-DD)

Hope this helps some poor soul looking for a 907C. Their contact info is: customerservices.yihua@outlook.com in case anyone needs it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf