Author Topic: Where can I get the Samsung TV service menu instruction manual?  (Read 14353 times)

Offline Ben321Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
I have already figured out how to activate the service menu (it has things like test patterns, and even settings for controlling receiver RF parameters, and other very technical things). Obviously the standard user manual does NOT have info on what these settings do. However, I'm sure that official Samsung service centers, have such manuals, because the Samsung employees there need to know how to use the special menus. It wouldn't do any good for them to have a menu, without a manual for those who need to know how to use it. So my question is this, does anybody here know where I can find such a manual online? I'm sure that at least one Samsung employee has leaked a copy of it to the internet by now. Stuff like this almost NEVER goes unleaked forever. Even top secret documents from the government often get leaked at some point or another (remember Snowden?).

So what I nee to know is this. Is there a website that would be a good place to look for leaked service menu manuals? Is there some place that electronics company employees commonly use for leaking "secret" manuals that they might have access to? I would LOVE to know how to use some of those settings (possibly even gaining access to features that weren't originally intended to be used by the end-user, that might actually prove quite useful for said end-user). I just need to find a copy of that manual. I just hope that some Samsung employee has leaked it.

Offline fable

• Regular Contributor
Re: Where can I get the Samsung TV service menu instruction manual?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 10:59:13 pm »
Try to find a "service manual" for that TV model.

Offline 3db

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 06:20:06 pm »
There are some service manuals for Samsung TV's out there.
I downloaded one a few weeks ago.
It didn't have any circuit diagrams included.
I did find the circuit for the power supply.
I found these items using Google.

3DB

Offline naldo

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 06:32:45 pm »
Good afternoon ! What is the "model" of TV ??

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 11:27:15 pm »
There are some service manuals for Samsung TV's out there.
I downloaded one a few weeks ago.
It didn't have any circuit diagrams included.
I did find the circuit for the power supply.
I found these items using Google.

3DB

Most "service manuals" are instructions on how to disassemble and reassemble the TV and how to repair certain parts inside the TV. They don't contain instructions on how to use the "service menu". I've seen quite a few "service manuals" for different TVs online, but none of them provide info on using the "service menu". What I need is a "service menu manual", not a plain "service manual". Does anybody here know where to find a "service menu manual" for Samsung TVs?

Offline naldo

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 12:24:17 am »
Hello ! For the model of the TV you will find the manual of service, some comes well complete others type half mouth until missing part of the circuit of the tv like for ex. Source, etc .... I do not know which country you are, here in my country it works like this!   |O

Offline 3db

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 04:28:26 am »
The manual I found HAS that information.
3DB

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 05:57:20 am »
I google searched:
samsung "un32h5201af" "service manual"

I can't find any downloadable PDF files. There's one website anywhere on the net that even has such a thing (would have thought it would be more common, but they are selling it, and I don't know whether it's a paper copy or a digital copy. Anyway, I'm not about to buy a service manual, but am very willing to download one for free.

So here's hoping that some member of EEVBlog's forums has a PDF copy of the service manual for a UN32H5201AF Samsung TV.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 04:12:13 pm »
Search also on similar model numbers (or use shorter strings with the size-specific part of the model number left out) Several TVs of a given model year/series will have very similar PCBs/manuals. Look in your manual for he other models which are likely almost identical and search for them too. That will likely find the data you are looking for quicker. Also, go to Google's advanced search page and look up their search operators such as Boolean operators and the always useful "AROUND(n)" which Google supports and make use of them.
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Offline fable

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 04:31:56 pm »
If everything mentioned fails try with "main board" model number  but you will  need to open TV to find it.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 02:21:08 am »
There is a website "samygo" maybe  "Sammy go" or something like that for samsung TV hacking
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf