Author Topic: station  (Read 65626 times)

Offline ffp

Re: YiHUA 853D rework station
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2016, 03:01:40 am »
Check with seller to get some spare parts or discount. If you have YiHUA they will send replacement or they can fix it. I have D version that use brushless fan and you have actually pump inside. I would guess you need check your handle for damages?

For iron try get Hakko tips as they fit better or check heating element and tips. Mine need some modifications so ceramic element would be closer to the tips. If you can get used Hakko tips you can take out metal insert from it so it might improve heat transfer as well. (Hopefully temperature would be better on the tip)

You can adjust voltage output... (mine was 1 volt off so I adjust it. If your voltage start change about at 10-11 O'clock you can fix it by replacing variable resistor to 5K as yours might be 10K ohm)

Offline TonyL

• Hill Side Konnection
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2016, 12:51:18 pm »
Seller wants a video of the issues, which is proving hard at the moment with my camera work fail and Australias upload speeds

With todays testing/videoing the iron set at 300c will get to ~270 after about 3mins
The hot air gun leaking could probably be fixed with a suitable sealant..

However I'm thinking of buying some Hakko bits and trying to make the hot air FR801 style and perhaps a real 907ESD Iron later on

Offline ffp

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2016, 08:16:22 pm »
I would not make to many changes to the station. There a lot of fakes of Hakko 907 and, as you know it is discontinued (Also if you plan just add Hakko 907 Handle to your station will be bad idea as they different.). Even Hakko tips fake.

I uploaded my videos to zippyshare site (Just made them smaller with video re-encoding software. I do not remember what video software I used...)

PS: I just do not have time to play with my station summer started and lots of things to do outside of the house...

Offline Steve Wayne

• Contributor
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2016, 05:53:43 am »
A couple of ceramic heaters turned up

1.3 ohms like the original and .6 ohms ? <looks like a wait and see with that one .

Sensor ohms was both 11.6 ohms , original 16.2 so a wait and see too!  ;)

I found these heating elements to be a perfect match for the original YiHUA 853D solder iron.  5 for $11 reasonably priced too...
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/5pcs-A1321-A1323-Stainless-metal-Heating-Element-Heat-Core-for-936-Soldering-accessory/32347864277.html

Offline go_boy

Re: station
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2016, 01:31:37 pm »
Anyone who still has one of these with the board available?

Perhaps someone can help me to identify Q4 on the board from this Yihua 853D? Mine exploded when the item I was powering with the built in power supply created a small arc (arc as designed, sadly it was not properly isolated).

I have circled Q4 in the attached image:

Offline fxlaptop

« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2017, 02:35:08 am »
i know its been a few months but i have one and that transistor is the same as Q1 which on mine say 1AM.. funny part number for an smd transistor lol .. hope this helps you

Offline britelightleds

« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2017, 07:44:31 pm »
hi all i have the 853D which i love, Sadly i have a problem where the Voltage regulation is not working, i am getting a voltage output of 35V and also 35V is displayed on the volt meter and i have also confirmed it with multimeter.

i have tested the potentiometer and that is working all OK, so what could be the problem? Why is it outputting 35V ( i am unable to control the voltage using the voltage potentiometer )  when it should only be 15V max?

Offline fxlaptop

« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2017, 08:48:11 pm »
i know this post and question are old but you need to change the old style TO-3  -  2n3055 power transistor on the back of the enclosure.. i bet its shorted across the emitter and base--  you have overloaded it somehow and it reverse biased and blew the transistor.. ive done it several times thats how i found out .. the old 35v thing and pot not working was a big clue lol... the TO-3 transistor on mine is a 2n3055.. yours may be different i dunno... good luck hope this helps... FX

oh also if you burn resistor R14 and or R56?  , they are both 3 watt  @ 5% tolerance 

150 ohms on R14 --   and  .33 ohms on R56     :-+

Offline Venutech

« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2019, 02:02:50 am »
Thank you, @fxlaptop, I'm happy someone had a similar issue as my YiHua 853D.
I tried to charge a burnt out battery and something went wrong. My volt output always shows 29.5 and volt meter reading just goes crazy until the R14 resistor burns out, then it shows 0.0 and turning the pot does nothing. I replaced my R14 (150 Ohm 3W5%) resistor today since it was totally burnt to a crisp. Replacement started heating up and almost burnt out right away even with the powersupply control off. Going back to the hobby shop tomorrow to get a replacement transistor, the model on my large rear transistor is 2N3773. When I unplug the transistor from the socket on the mainboard then R14 does not heat up. Soldering iron and heat gun work fine.
you have overloaded it somehow and it reverse biased and blew the transistor..
also if you burn resistor R14 and or R56?  , they are both 3 watt  @ 5% tolerance 
150 ohms on R14 --   and  .33 ohms on R56     :-+
Update 6/10/2019: Transistor leaks like a sieve. Called around the Toronto area for a replacement 2N3773 and nobody has one. I dont want to wait 2 months to ship from China but it seems like thats what I need to do.

Update 11/15/2019: Got a 2N3772 and replaced the 2n3773 on the back. After running a successful smoke test the voltmeter/power supply is working like new.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 07:52:10 pm by Venutech »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf