Author Topic: Yihua SMD Tweezers.. Any one got some and can tell me if they are any good.  (Read 4972 times)

Offline mrpacketheadTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
I've had a pretty good run with some Yihua gear, and was wondering what their SMD tweezers are like. 

Has anyone used a 938D?

http://yihua-soldering.com/11-upgrade-version-smd-hot-tweezer-soldering-station/283281
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 06:45:37 am by mrpackethead »
On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

Offline Marc M.

• Regular Contributor
Coincidentally, I just purchased one of these off Fleabay ($65.99 total) and it arrived today.  Just did a quick test pulling some SMD parts off a board.  Seemed to work just fine.  So far the only complaint is the display window is scratched up despite the 'protective' covering  :palm:.  I checked and verified continuity between mains ground and the tips.  I pulled it apart and took some photo's for you and the community at large. The micro is marked S3f8S19X. The SMD soldering looked OK, but the hand soldered joints are crusty to 'blobby' to almost non-existent on the switches.  Some of the sorta soldered pads appear to have light corrosion on them also.  I'll suck that crap off and re-solder those joints.  Also, the board has a lot of residue from the SMD cleaning process, and no attempt was made to clean the flux off of the hand soldered joints.  All pretty typical of low end Chinese manufacturing processes but for $66.00, I'm not complaining. The one other caveat is that I haven't found a source for replacement tips.
Don't replace the cap, just empty the filter!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf