Author Topic: measurement of probability of intercept for FFT based analyzer  (Read 1035 times)

Offline CopperConeTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • *knock knock*
I want to test the probability of intercept on the PlutoSDR.

I have a pulse generator and a pulse counter. I was going to hook them together, and hook it up to the SDR, and see how the counter compares to the waterfall totals.

Problem is, my counter only has a count mode that goes to 120MHz. The PlutoSDR was hacked to work at 70MHz, however, can I extrapolate that the probability of intercept will be equal in different frequency ranges? Will my results at 100MHz be true at 5.5 GHz?

So long I set the LO and bandwidth so that my pulse signal is visible on the waterfall (even if only the edge), is it 'monotonous'? I can't see why not, but I know digital filters can do screwy things sometimes.

I want to minimize the possibility of deluding myself (i.e. see if its a good idea to buy a 'commercial' real time SA).

Seems ALOT faster then my hp70000 but I want to measure it.

I want to measure it because from my reading (based on my previous thread on RTSA), it seems difficult and software implementation specific to determine from just sampling speed.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 05:44:06 am by CopperCone »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf