Author Topic: #34/35, Bring an old Kenwood ts-520 back to life part 1 & 2  (Read 14632 times)

Offline Radio TechTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • KC4UMO Buddy
    • Hobby Forum
Re: #34/35, Bring an old Kenwood ts-520 back to life part 1 & 2
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2016, 01:26:36 pm »
Another good video Buddy. Nice work. And Sue, thats an impressive collection of gear :) Wish i had an IFR, hard to find here in the UK.
Hammers, we call them 'fine adjusters' in the workshop here. Or maybe 'universal programming tool'.

Thanks.
Sue sure has a nice collection there. Wish my work bench was that clean.

Offline voltz

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2016, 10:53:29 am »
I do believe in keeping benches clear after a job is completed. Its good policy. :-+

Otherwise the mess grows over time. And the last thing I need is a scratch on a customers equipment because a nut or bolt got left on the surface. Never mind copper wire strands or solder shorting tracks on a pcb under test.. Nightmare. So, its a clean bench policy for me, after every job, i brush it down an quickly put hand tools away ready for the next job.
Its nice, starting a job with a clean bench.

Or, it could just be my slight case of OCD..

Offline German_EE

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2016, 07:19:57 pm »
Keeping benches clear is always a good idea. I've got into the routine of tidying up the workshop every Friday afternoon including putting all the partially completed projects in their boxes and all the tools back in their right place. When working on equipment that could be scratched I use a rubber mat similar to this, screws drop to the bottom rather than scratch the case and stay in the holes rather than roll off. It's no good for working on boards though so they get removed and transferred to the anti-static workbench.
Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.

Warren Buffett

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2016, 08:12:33 pm »
I always insist on having one small pile of Crap (a tool or two, some parts and hardware) on the bench.
Sue AF6LJ

Offline RobertoLG

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2016, 05:26:00 am »
these Heatkits are simple looking, but at the same time very cool :) nice design
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 05:28:32 am by RobertoLG »

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2016, 02:25:52 pm »
these Heatkits are simple looking, but at the same time very cool :) nice design
They don't have the wiz-bang-features some radios of that era had.
As for simple...
The SB-401 (transmitter) is actually quite complex. The transmitter has 9 or so tubes in it and the receiver is dual conversion and is all solid state.
Sue AF6LJ

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf