Author Topic: AIM4170 antenna analyser - view remotely on a Smartphone???  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Chris WilsonTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Race car engineer, dog lover, hoarder.
AIM4170 antenna analyser - view remotely on a Smartphone???
« on: December 12, 2017, 10:31:52 am »
I have read about using a Windows based tablet to view the AIM4170 outdoors. but what about having the AIM4170 indoors at the end of a LF antenna co-ax and using an Android smartphone to view the PC screen remotely whilst I fiddle with the matching coil's variometer outside? As you can probably tell, a smartphone is new to me, so apologies if it's a dumb question, I am a Luddite with such devices! I would have no need to actually control the AIM, just watch the sweep. Thanks!
Best regards,

Chris Wilson.

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
Re: AIM4170 antenna analyser - view remotely on a Smartphone???
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 12:01:58 pm »
I don't see why not, there's a Remote Desktop client for Android and I'm sure there will be a VNC client or similar too if the PC is Linux.

What may be an issue is the size of the screen but I'll leave that for you to decide.

The following users thanked this post: Chris Wilson

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 11:59:51 am »
I don't see why not, there's a Remote Desktop client for Android and I'm sure there will be a VNC client or similar too if the PC is Linux.

What may be an issue is the size of the screen but I'll leave that for you to decide.

I found a free app called AccessToGo by Ericom that seems like it will do as i require. I will check it out this week. Many thanks for the reply, this app seems to have much better reviews than the Microsoft RD client for Android phones. I suspect all will be fiddly on such a small scree and a tablet would make things more manageable, but I have a phone and don't have a tablet.... :)
Best regards,

Chris Wilson.

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 12:19:58 pm »
I'd definitely check out the RDP app from MS first, I've found it works well enough that I could do server maintenance from a beach in Cornwall on a smart phone, but  YMMV, if the Ericom one works then go for it.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 12:26:07 pm »
I'd definitely check out the RDP app from MS first, I've found it works well enough that I could do server maintenance from a beach in Cornwall on a smart phone, but  YMMV, if the Ericom one works then go for it.

OK, will do I guess these apps are easy enough to UNinstall as well as to INstall? (New to the world of Smartphones as you can tell.... :))
Best regards,

Chris Wilson.

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 12:59:59 pm »
Absolutely, in Play Store just select My Apps and scroll down the list, tap the app you're interested in and it should give you the option to Open or Uninstall.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf