Author Topic: Anritsu MS46121 VNA  (Read 2583 times)

Offline D3f1antTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Doing as little as possible, but no less.
Anritsu MS46121 VNA
« on: April 11, 2017, 10:01:34 pm »
Anybody have any experience with these things? All opinions and comments appreciated, except those that say I should get a boat anchor VNA  :-DD

https://www.anritsu.com/en-US/test-measurement/products/ms46121b

I want something for basic chip antenna and pcb loop impedance matching. I have a pocketVNA but don't fully trust it and sick of constantly calibrating.

Online metrologist

• Super Contributor
Re: Anritsu MS46121 VNA
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 10:18:47 pm »
Is there anything in particular you'd want to know? This is a different class of instrument.

Offline D3f1antTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Doing as little as possible, but no less.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 06:57:28 am »
If you own one, would you recommend? Any peculiarity in using it or other issues?  Are they a good buy in this class of tool?

Online metrologist

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 05:01:33 pm »
I think Anritsu has made some of the best VNAs and they seem to have been making more investments into the ShockLine series. The B models are a new upgrade and this instrument line shares much of the same core software application as the higher class VectorStar instrument line, which has been around for a while. I've never had a problem with software stability. These product lines are designed, built, and tested in the US facility and there should be great support. Product quality should be excellent.

That just leaves the functional specs which you could compare with other competitive models to make sure it will do what you want it to do. The measurements you listed are product feature highlights, so it should be a good candidate.

Offline hendorog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 07:16:16 am »
I just remembered seeing these 1 port devices, might be of interest as a point of comparison:

http://www.coppermountaintech.com/products/Ohm-50/category/10/

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf