Author Topic: Can you help me identify type of RF PCB Coax Connectors From 1970's  (Read 1221 times)

Offline K1JOSTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
I am working on a late 1970's Collins tranceiver and all of the inter-PCB board coax are of the type shown in the 2 attached pictures.  The male is just a trimmed coax with an exposed 3/8" center conductor while shield is folded back and crimped with some circular metal housing.  The PCB female appears to be some kind of spring/tension hood with female center conductor hole.  Are these still available and if not any recommendation how to repair or reconfigure?  The holes in the PCB are not matching more modern SMA or SMB PCB connectors.

Jerry NY2KW

Offline dave_k

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Can you help me identify type of RF PCB Coax Connectors From 1970's
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 08:19:01 pm »
Looks very similar to a Peltola connector from Tektronix.

Offline K1JOSTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Can you help me identify type of RF PCB Coax Connectors From 1970's
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 12:27:59 am »
Yes, the Tektronix Peltola is very similar in concept.  The Peltola coax shield part makes a real nice contact with its PCB mate.  The Rockwell-Collins design looks older and the shield part crimp looks like it wouldn't make a very good shield to shield contact but apparently it holds up well except it probably withstands far fewer remove/insert cycles than the Peltola.

I am surprised since there must have been a lot of Rockwell Collins military gear that used this connection but I have not been able to find anything with Google

Jerry NY2KW 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf