Author Topic: CCI Motorola EB104 HF Amp  (Read 2302 times)

Offline cncjerryTopic starter

• Supporter
CCI Motorola EB104 HF Amp
« on: October 19, 2016, 10:50:03 pm »
Years ago I bought a CCI 600w amp kit based on the Motorola EB104.  For a host of reasons, I just started building it after 11yrs.  It took me almost a month to find the transistors that Tom Sowden had sent me in 2005.  Having all the pieces now I am starting the board + copper spreader + heatsink.  I have a complete CNC machine shop so I shouldn't have problems in the physical construction.

I am looking for others that have build this amp.  The main question I have is the replacement of T3 with a transmission line transformer (TLT).  I can't find the TLT information though admittedly I've only done a cursory search.  I've found some note on the TLT on eHam but no building instructions.

The power supply looks easy and I plan to get a transformer either from Ameritron or there is a toroidal transformer company that has an off the self transformer that will work.  I have a lot of computer grade caps, diodes, etc.   I'll probably add a micro-based SWR monitoring and control system as well as automatic band switching for filters.

Any pointers would be appreciated.  Also, if others have been kicking around starting this project, I'll help them with the machining of the heatsinks and spreader.

Thanks,

Jerry

Offline German_EE

• Super Contributor
Re: CCI Motorola EB104 HF Amp
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 11:19:02 am »
Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.

Warren Buffett

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf